Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a Brand New bike today! (please don't kick me off this forum)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 09:59 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on the (SECOND) bike man. I see nothing wrong with having any type of other ride, as long as it second to a Harley. Enjoy and be safe! I went to pick up some Dyna Beads for my new wheels and tires at a touring dealer the other day and saw the Ducati Street Fighter...Nice....But....my wife would let me spend $100,000 on my Harley or a second Harley before she'd let me spend $5-6K on a crotch rocket. Been there..Done that. My second baby coming is a wide tire *****-to-the-wall 1200 Sporty.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Burndog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2kids3pets

2kids and some pets... Did you even post anything or was it just an opportunity for us to appreciate your avatar?

Old 02-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by m i k e
sorry dude wrong forum

You R Mean..
Congrats man, another toy for the toy box. Have fun & be safe

Old 02-21-2010, 10:24 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Originally Posted by gforrest2
My first new bike since 1976. I love my Harley but this was too good a deal to pass up. They claim they lost money on the sale ($200), but said they'd rather move units out then have them sit on the floor. $6k out the door which made the bike itself about $4,623. MSRP is $6799.

2009 Kawasaki EX650R Ninja

My kid calls it an "old man's sportbike". Well it turns out that I am an old man and being hunched over on a crotch rocket didn't appeal to me. This little twin fit the bill perfect and will give me a fighting chance to keep up with my riding buddies that have sport bikes. I had half a chance on my old Sportster but my Deluxe gets left in the dust when I ride with these guys.

Parallell twin, upright bars, upright riding position

Beautiful day today, sunny and in the upper 50's. Rode the new toy around for most of the afternoon. Parked it and had the wife take my back to the dealership to pick up my Deluxe. Gotta admit, if was fun riding that little rice burner, but nothing beat the trip back home on my Softail.

Dude... We should all have things that we don't talk about. I have a Softail, a Bagger and a 99 R6 - I don't talk about the R6 much and when I ride, I wear a FULL FACE helmet and/or when it's dark.
Got the message? LOL (nice bike though)

Old 02-21-2010, 11:03 PM
twiceretired
Tourer

There's been some real interesting comments made in this thread - for me anyway. When I first got my sporty, before the Deuce, my son, who used to ride on the tank of my Triumph Bonneville, bought a Ninja. We went on an overnight ride, and tried swapping bikes. We made it about a mile, pulled over, and almost in unison said that each of us felt completely out of control on the others bike.
Anyway, I bought the FZ1 because I wanted to challenge myself with something that I wasn't comfortable with. What I finally learned is that you don't hold yourself with your arms and hands. You squeeze the tank with your legs and use your back. Your hands stay lose and free to throw the bike around. And no, you're not too old. Hell, I'll be 61 in a couple of months, and I still get off on laying the FZ, also a 'street-fighter' class bike, down to the pegs. It really is a kick.
But, like I said before, love the Deuce best. It's the bike I'll always take first. Just somethin' about it.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Toneaero
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes its just nice to have the best thrills of both worlds. I use my GSXR 1000 for days when I feel like breaking the law and the Rocker for days when I want to feel like a bad a$$.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:24 AM
maddox13
Tourer

You should have found some cooler friends!!!!!

Old 02-22-2010, 07:58 AM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Burndog
2kids and some pets... Did you even post anything or was it just an opportunity for us to appreciate your avatar?

I posted a pic but I guess the mods though it to be inappropriate and deleted it.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:54 PM
norgepa
Road Captain

Not sure what to think. This should be one of those times "Don't Ask Don't Tell" is in effect. Just not my thing. I guess if you have disposable income that is something to do with it.

Attached Thumbnails Got a Brand New bike today! (please don't kick me off this forum)-mvc-054s.jpg   Got a Brand New bike today! (please don't kick me off this forum)-visitedstatesmap.jpg  
Old 02-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Chief X
Former Sponsor

That's awesome man! I miss my YZF 600 (gave it to my daughter). Regardless of what anyone thinks, anything with a two wheels and a motor is fun. Man I miss my sportbike. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Got a Brand New bike today! (please don't kick me off this forum)