Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know....

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010 | 09:49 PM
handyhoward
Road Master

Originally Posted by BLKBAGGER
In 2003 there were no Limited models. They were all 100th models.
My 2003 Fatboy is a limited edition "Soaring Eagle" paint pack from the factory.

Old 02-19-2010 | 09:50 PM
snook592
Club Member

Originally Posted by handyhoward
Not true... I have a 2003 Fatboy with no emblems... also Screamin' Eagles have no emblems... also police and firfighter bikes have no emblems... also NADA Motorcycle value guides allow for non anniversary models.

Are you sure it is an 03? Did someone remove the emblem?

Old 02-19-2010 | 10:13 PM
handyhoward
Road Master

I am positive it is an 03... vin has been verified. I bought the bike brand new... all changes have been done by me... the paint scheme is as I said a Limited Edition 03 Soaring Eagle straight from the factory... also there were other Limited Edition 03 paint schemes from the factory that year as well, I can't remember what site lists them but there were 2 color schemes of the Soaring Eagle... Orange and Black and Blue and Silver. The Blue and Silver are still available... the Orange and Black are sold out... there were 200 of each made.

Old 02-19-2010 | 11:20 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

I am positive it is an 03... vin has been verified. I bought the bike brand new... all changes have been done by me... the paint scheme is as I said a Limited Edition 03 Soaring Eagle straight from the factory... also there were other Limited Edition 03 paint schemes from the factory that year as well, I can't remember what site lists them but there were 2 color schemes of the Soaring Eagle... Orange and Black and Blue and Silver. The Blue and Silver are still available... the Orange and Black are sold out... there were 200 of each made.
That is a harley paint set that someone put on your bike. Probably the dealer if you bought it new. It didn't come from the factory like that. I have a Street glide paint set on my 03. It is common for some dealers to add the paint set before putting a bike out on the floor. Your paint set is what is the limited edition. The bike you see in my sig pic is a Standard and was black when new.

Old 02-19-2010 | 11:32 PM
centennialfatboy
|
Cruiser

Not true... I have a 2003 Fatboy with no emblems... also Screamin' Eagles have no emblems... also police and firfighter bikes have no emblems... also NADA Motorcycle value guides allow for non anniversary models.
As I noted and the link shows, those models were the only models different and didn't have the 100th colors or emblems.

The HD tins in the special paint would, in my book, be considered not-stock and a limited edition like a CVO bike. The Police and Fire bikes were done many years and understandably not be Special 100th models.

Old 02-19-2010 | 11:36 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

If I am not mistaken ALL the 03 bikes had the 100th logo on the engine cases. On the left side right below the cylinders.

Old 02-20-2010 | 07:52 AM
handyhoward
Road Master

My bike was ordered and came from the factory with the tins it has on it right now... must be a fluke. The engine has an emblem on it...

Old 02-20-2010 | 09:28 AM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member

Did you see them pull it off the truck? What you have is a limited paint set that got swapped by the dealer. Other than the bikes mentioned, they were all 100 anny bikes and they even extended production by 1 qtr. so there were 5 quarters of production 2003 bikes and only 3 quarters of production bikes for 04. They made more 03 bikes than any other year.

Old 02-20-2010 | 12:33 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

My bike was ordered and came from the factory with the tins it has on it right now... must be a fluke. The engine has an emblem on it...
Oh so your engine has a 100th logo on it. Guess that makes it a 100th anniversary model with a limited edition paint set. Dude I don't know what you are trying to prove. Do you think you have some special bike? Anyone can go and buy a paint set. Your bike is still a 100th model. And it always will be.

Old 02-20-2010 | 01:06 PM
BigJoeNY
Tourer

Interesting. Why would the stealer do this?
Originally Posted by BLKBAGGER
Oh so your engine has a 100th logo on it. Guess that makes it a 100th anniversary model with a limited edition paint set. Dude I don't know what you are trying to prove. Do you think you have some special bike? Anyone can go and buy a paint set. Your bike is still a 100th model. And it always will be.

Quick Reply: Anyone know....