Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know another Rocker Handlebars Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010 | 12:14 AM
RaaDeuce
|
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know another Rocker Handlebars Thread!!!

Well, I really like the bars in the link below, but I'm worried with 5 1/4" pullback, I might be leaning forward 2 much what do you guys think, please any input can be helpful. also, with 1 /12 to 2" risers, what length cables should I be shopping for? Thanks in advance.

http://www.debrix.com/Steel-Highnoon...p/40024-m1.htm

Last edited by RaaDeuce; 02-18-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-18-2010 | 12:46 AM
Jaxx
Tourer

I am not sure what everyone elses experience is with Debrix but I am having trouble with them just so you know. I ordered a front fender, about 5 min after I made payment I realized I clicked the one beside the one I had intended too. I e-mailed them immediately and asked for it to be switched as they were both the same price. They e-mailed and confirmed they had changed the order and the proper fender would be sent. They sent the wrong one. I contacted them and they seemed agreeable, they said pay the shipping to return and they would credit me for it. Everything seemed good, but tracking shows they recieved the fender over a week ago, have left 3 e-mails from me in the last 2.5 weeks that have went unanswered, and my tins are sitting here waiting to all go to paint. I have a number here I got from them for the return shipping label so I am going to try that tomorrow.

Just a word of warning. I also found any questions I had on their products they could not give me any answer to besides what is already written on the vague product desciptions and some of the pictures are very misleading. The fender they did send me had a ridge all the way down both sides that sticks out about a 1/4 inch, I checked the pic on their website that went with the name on the fender, other then the name Ridgeline in the description underneath, there was no evidence in the picture of the large ridge.

Good luck with your search, and your purchase if you choose to make one.

Update: They don't answer their phones either....

Last edited by Jaxx; 02-18-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-18-2010 | 01:18 AM
RaaDeuce
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jaxx
I am not sure what everyone elses experience is with Debrix but I am having trouble with them just so you know. I ordered a front fender, about 5 min after I made payment I realized I clicked the one beside the one I had intended too. I e-mailed them immediately and asked for it to be switched as they were both the same price. They e-mailed and confirmed they had changed the order and the proper fender would be sent. They sent the wrong one. I contacted them and they seemed agreeable, they said pay the shipping to return and they would credit me for it. Everything seemed good, but tracking shows they recieved the seat over a week ago, have left 3 e-mails from me in the last 2.5 weeks that have went unanswered, and my tins are sitting here waiting to all go to paint. I have a number here I got from them for the return shipping label so I am going to try that tomorrow.

Just a word of warning. I also found any questions I had on their products they could not give me any answer to besides what is already written on the vague product desciptions and some of the pictures are very misleading. The fender they did send me had a ridge all the way down both sides that sticks out about a 1/4 inch, I checked the pic on their website that went with the name on the fender, other then the name Ridgeline in the description underneath, there was no evidence in the picture of the large ridge.

Good luck with your search, and your purchase if you choose to make one.

I appreciate that bro, I prob won't but I found those bars at numerous sites, and I'm just wondering if they'd fit, but thanks again, and thanks for warning everyone about them.

Old 02-18-2010 | 08:15 AM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

STAY AWAY CHEAP BARS SUK

Old 02-18-2010 | 08:19 AM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

bnr customs mon those cheap suckers broke while i was riding!

Old 02-18-2010 | 08:58 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ke-beware.html If you get something that looks like that, you can rotate them back so you have as much or little pullback as you like. That is the beauty of ape style bars. That being said, I'd go taller and get some decent bars that are not known to break.

Old 02-18-2010 | 11:26 AM
franky-7214
Cruiser

Not enough pullback. You will be leaning to far forward. Try BR customs or HCC for bars.

Old 02-18-2010 | 12:39 PM
rubiconMike
Road Captain

I have those bars and have had no problems. I have mine pushed forward some (not quite at the 12 o'clock) and I'm not too far forward.

I've order a few things from these guys and all has been well so far. I'm sure everyone has their bad days though.

*IF* I ever do have problems I will probably head down the BNR Custom bars route. They are awesome looking bars IMO but I don't expect any problems as these bars are holding up just fine after 5000 + miles so far.

--Mike

Last edited by rubiconMike; 02-18-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-18-2010 | 02:24 PM
Jaxx
Tourer

Update on Debrix: I left a message today saying they needed to repsond by tomorrow and get my fender shipped or a full refund or I would be contacting my credit card company and also mentioned I am a member on this board and some others and would mention this experience. 3 hours later I had a full refund through Paypal for the amounts owed. No response or apologies for the mess around, but I got a full refund so I am happy. Their initial shipping was very quick, product seemed decent, pictures on their site are worthless and do not give an accurate portrayal (atleast for their fenders), but if you have problems and threaten enough, good chance you will get your money back. If they would have sent the proper fender the first time I think it would have been a positive experience and I would have been happy with the fender.

Undecided if I will try from them again down the road....

Old 02-18-2010 | 04:30 PM
RaaDeuce
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rubiconMike
I have those bars and have had no problems. I have mine pushed forward some (not quite at the 12 o'clock) and I'm not too far forward.

I've order a few things from these guys and all has been well so far. I'm sure everyone has their bad days though.

*IF* I ever do have problems I will probably head down the BNR Custom bars route. They are awesome looking bars IMO but I don't expect any problems as these bars are holding up just fine after 5000 + miles so far.

--Mike
Do you have the 12" or the 16" ones, and what size cables do you have, and with what size risers?

Last edited by RaaDeuce; 02-18-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Quick Reply: I know another Rocker Handlebars Thread!!!