Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Danny gray two up rocker question

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010 | 07:28 PM
jerseydog
|
Advanced
Default Danny gray two up rocker question

So far what I’ve read is that the weekday solo is the way to go as a replacement seat for the rocker
My question what do ya do when you want to ride two up? Will the passenger pavilion touring system fit with the DG seat? Or will I have to change back to the stock seat set up. Any input will be appreciated thanks

Some may like wind in the face….. me I like **** on my back.

Old 02-17-2010 | 07:34 PM
Jaxx
Tourer

Sorry man but from what I have read, you will have to change it out. I bought the Danny Gray seat, there is 2 ft of snow here so haven't been able to take it for a ride, but I really like the feel and how it sits. Top notch purchase, but then again, my wife is afraid of bikes so I never have to worry about doubling up. I am told it is only a 5 to 10 min job to switch them out though.

Old 02-17-2010 | 07:54 PM
jerseydog
|
Advanced

thanks Jaxxs....5-10 min is no big deal takes her longer then that to get her rear in gear...though i did see something on DG web site , it looked like a modified stock FXCW seat .. two feet of snow where you located

Old 02-17-2010 | 09:50 PM
rooter
Intermediate

hey guys do you know what I need to do to get the left front lower bolt and pins of my axle loose so I can put some spacers on my 2008 rocker c. I will be putting a danny gray seat on later,but right now I'm stuck with this bolt thing,trying to save some $$.

Old 02-17-2010 | 10:04 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

like chrome spacers on the front tire?

Old 02-18-2010 | 02:35 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior

Has anyone tried to machine around the strut so it clears the seat tab??? like this---> https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...46469-0-0.html

Old 02-18-2010 | 04:29 AM
UK RockerC
Advanced

I have kept my trick seat just in case I need to take a passanger. 15 minutes max to switch it over. DG seat for the rocker is the way to go! Good luck

Old 02-18-2010 | 06:02 AM
jerseydog
|
Advanced
Default hey rooter

Originally Posted by rooter
hey guys do you know what I need to do to get the left front lower bolt and pins of my axle loose so I can put some spacers on my 2008 rocker c. I will be putting a danny gray seat on later,but right now I'm stuck with this bolt thing,trying to save some $$.
A Manual , a big *** allen wrench ( not sure the size ) and a tourqe set . remove the brake caliper, loosen the allen on the left side (sitting on the bike) pull the two tourqe screws , make sure you mark the spacers inside out and left and right and the whole assembly should come right out

Old 02-18-2010 | 06:05 AM
jerseydog
|
Advanced
Default rocker dan

Originally Posted by Rocker_Dan
Has anyone tried to machine around the strut so it clears the seat tab??? like this---> https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...46469-0-0.html

thanks, thats what im looking for..

Old 02-18-2010 | 11:17 AM
rooter
Intermediate

thanks jerseydog, I did'nt realized I needed a manual for something that seem so simple,but you never know. the right side front fork axle wrench sz is 9/16 and the left side is 3/4 hex.

Quick Reply: Danny gray two up rocker question