Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Deluxe - Samson true duals VS V&H true duals??

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 02:50 PM
jakejohn
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aasmitty757
I'm new to this so it may be a moot point for you veterans. Another thing you have to put into your decision when deciding on true duals. HD does not have a map download for changing to true dual exhaust.
I went with V & H with the quieter baffles and it gave my bike just enough back pressure on the rear cylinder to stay in the safe zone without running too lean.
I only spent 50 dollars on a Dyno check. If I had gone without the baffles or went with Samson's without baffles, I would have had to buy a super tuner or similar and spent several hours on dyno tuning.
With my stage one intake and V & H true duals I an running a little less power and torque than what a stock deluxe would have.
Having rambled on about that I do like the sound my Vance and Hines true duals.
Did mine with the stage 1 AC and download.I've noticed the opposite in the power dept. This set up really "woke" my bike up.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:48 PM
aasmitty757
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did my mods from the showroom floor, so I don't have anything to compare it to. Mine has plenty of power for me! I'm just going on what I've heard the stock specs should be verses what readings I received from the dyno check.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:58 PM
KiaOraCuz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting info here, Ive upgraded to an 09 Deluxe and currently its stock. I had an 06 with V&H Big shot staggered, have to say I liked them. Not too many ground clearance issues.
I do like the look of the longer Duel pipes with fishy tales and considering them on the new bike.
I have a couple of issues tho, the roads here are really full on and a bit bumpy, I also ride two up, and packed out for rallys. So scraping is an issue for me and sorta need to know if Im going to loose much lean angle from the stock pipes, ( which ive just scraped the bottom back heatshield clamp off ! ) with changing to the V&H Tru Duel pipes? And If so, does anyone know how much exactly?
Cheers!

Old 02-21-2010, 05:51 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KiaOraCuz
Interesting info here, Ive upgraded to an 09 Deluxe and currently its stock. I had an 06 with V&H Big shot staggered, have to say I liked them. Not too many ground clearance issues.
I do like the look of the longer Duel pipes with fishy tales and considering them on the new bike.
I have a couple of issues tho, the roads here are really full on and a bit bumpy, I also ride two up, and packed out for rallys. So scraping is an issue for me and sorta need to know if Im going to loose much lean angle from the stock pipes, ( which ive just scraped the bottom back heatshield clamp off ! ) with changing to the V&H Tru Duel pipes? And If so, does anyone know how much exactly?
Cheers!
You will be just fine with true duals. I slam my boards long before my pipes on turns.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:01 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by aasmitty757
I did my mods from the showroom floor, so I don't have anything to compare it to. Mine has plenty of power for me! I'm just going on what I've heard the stock specs should be verses what readings I received from the dyno check.
Gotta love those downloads eh'....From reading your previous post i take it you don't run some type of tuner? Maybe you should give "Fuel Moto" a call and a PowerCommander or simular tuner. I had a big improvement after my stage I.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:02 PM
thewholehog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thewholehog
Yeah sorry - it is very hard to get an accurate sound from a video clip!! what I mean't to say was they sound too loud for me.

Are you running the baffled or non-baffled version?

Thanks.
Does anyone have the Samson true dual fishtails with the baffles?? How much does it bring the volume down?

Thanks

Old 02-21-2010, 07:08 PM
JayDee5150
Road Master

Does anyone have the Samson true dual fishtails with the baffles?? How much does it bring the volume down?

Thanks
I don't have the baffles, but have heard plenty of Samson TD's with baffles. They are still loud, but not nearly as loud as those without baffles.

They produce a different sound too...best I can describe it is not as snappy...Samsons without baffles have a very sharp snappy rap to them. The baffled Samsons I've heard don't have that sharp rapping...but area still plenty loud.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:11 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks
ElSupremo's videos which you don't like how they sound...his are with baffles

Old 02-21-2010, 08:12 PM
jakejohn
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
You will be just fine with true duals. I slam my boards long before my pipes on turns.
++++1

Old 02-22-2010, 01:54 AM
thewholehog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
ElSupremo's videos which you don't like how they sound...his are with baffles
you just haven't read all the posts properly, have you?

I actually stated later that the sound clip is probably are poor representation of the actual sound.

And also, I like the sound but I'm not sure my neighbours (or the cops) going to like them as much as I do just because of how loud they are. If I go with V&H it will be purely because they are not as loud (not because they are better or look better!!!)

They are just too loud for me.

Last edited by thewholehog; 02-22-2010 at 02:00 AM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Deluxe - Samson true duals VS V&H true duals??