Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beginning to get really pissed off

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 03:16 PM
ROCKER"D"
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beginning to get really pissed off

OK...heres the story..seems llike everytime i go to do something with my bike i get five different answers...I beginning to think its all about the money...Ive asked on here about putting big radius on my rocker and u guys said if thats all im doing i dont have to have fuel managment system just bolt on and go..And the bike would have no problems...Dealer said no have to have high flow air cleaner and computer and a dyno...You guys said no..so i went to a couple of indy places and half agreed with u guys other half said dealer was right..I wrode crotch rockets all my life and never had all these runnarounds..when i wanted something custom i got it and everybody said the same thing for what i needed...Like i said im seriously thinking that harley is all about the money and status so i might just trade in on GSXR 750 SUZUKI AND SOLVE ALL MY PROBLEMS..That way i can avoid all this headache...Losing faith in what i thought was the best bike ive ever owned...

Old 02-17-2010, 03:31 PM
jprior
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm no expert... but I've always heard that if you change the exhaust only... you don't need to remap or dyno. But if you change the exhaust and get a high flow air cleaner... you'll need new programming.

Don't lose the faith. Nothing easy is worth having.

Hopefully others with more knowledge and experience will chime in soon.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:32 PM
sBender
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the danger: from the factory, due to EPA regs, your bike is running on the lean side. Putting pipes on has the potential to evacuate spent fuel and air from your cylinders faster potentially making it run leaner. I know that a lot of guys bolt pipes on and go and have great success with it. But I know how I ride. All gas, all brake. A lean running gasoline motor has a tendency to burn valves - that's a fact and a fact that I wont toy with. I'm not mechanic, but I was not willing to muck with the possibility of burning out some valves and needing an upper end rebuild. A buddy of mine bolted pipes and a cleaner on his EFI and needed one at 15K. I don't know that's the reason, but why chance it. Spend the $$ and do it. I doubt you'll regret it.

Queue 27 mechs to come in here and tell me how wrong I am. And they may be right. But I aint gonna chance it on something I just spent $16K on. Know what I mean, bro?

Old 02-17-2010, 03:35 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

As time goes by you learn who to ask questions to. Worst source for accurate information is a dealer. Try to zero in on a few individuals that really know their chit and life will be much easier. This can save a lot of aggrivation and running around in circles. Then you won't be doing this
Ron

Last edited by rbabos; 02-17-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Rockyriver
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just pipes and stock air breather = No fuel recalibration
Pipes and Air cleaner = Recalibrate fuel system

You will here both sides, however how can you make the engine run that much leaner if it can't suck any more air than it could get before? Besides your bike has 02 sensors and it can richen up a small amount if needed.

Thats my .02 cents worth.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:39 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKER"D"
OK...heres the story..seems llike everytime i go to do something with my bike i get five different answers...I beginning to think its all about the money...Ive asked on here about putting big radius on my rocker and u guys said if thats all im doing i dont have to have fuel managment system just bolt on and go..And the bike would have no problems...Dealer said no have to have high flow air cleaner and computer and a dyno...You guys said no..so i went to a couple of indy places and half agreed with u guys other half said dealer was right..I wrode crotch rockets all my life and never had all these runnarounds..when i wanted something custom i got it and everybody said the same thing for what i needed...Like i said im seriously thinking that harley is all about the money and status so i might just trade in on GSXR 750 SUZUKI AND SOLVE ALL MY PROBLEMS..That way i can avoid all this headache...Losing faith in what i thought was the best bike ive ever owned...
part of the problem is asking on an anonymous forum and part is just asking too many people - find ONE independent mechanic and follow what he says.....

or, JUST GO BACK TO A METRIC.... you won't be missed.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:46 PM
ROCKER"D"
Tourer

Originally Posted by aviator
part of the problem is asking on an anonymous forum and part is just asking too many people - find ONE independent mechanic and follow what he says.....

or, JUST GO BACK TO A METRIC.... you won't be missed.
THATS WHAT IM tALKING ABOUT.."U WONT BE MISSED" F U BUDDY...I DONT WANT TO BE CLASSED WITH PEOPLE LIKE U

Old 02-17-2010, 03:47 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

THATS WHAT IM tALKING ABOUT.."U WONT BE MISSED" F U BUDDY...I DONT WANT TO BE CLASSED WITH PEOPLE LIKE U
plus, you're a crybaby!

MAN UP.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:51 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I figured that would send you over the edge Don't let that get to you.
Ron

Old 02-17-2010, 03:52 PM
ROCKER"D"
Tourer
Talking

Originally Posted by aviator
plus, you're a crybaby!

Man up.
its people like u that give harley and the military a bad name

Quick Reply: Beginning to get really pissed off