Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick question on Deluxes

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010 | 09:32 AM
sergeantmajor
|
Cruiser
Default Quick question on Deluxes

Actually 3 questions:
Does the Deluxe have the H-D narrow beachbar,or is it another handllebar?
I know it has the lowest seat than any softail.Does that happen becouse of the seat's shape,or are the suspensions lower?
Does someone notice differences on the stability between 150mm rear wheeled softails and the 200mm ones?
I know the thinner tyres bent easier but what happens on straight roads at 80mph?
Thanks , Guys!

Last edited by sergeantmajor; 02-16-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-16-2010 | 09:35 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

The bike is lowered 1".

Old 02-16-2010 | 09:48 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by sergeantmajor
Actually 3 questions:
Does the Deluxe have the H-D narrow beachbar,or is it another handllebar?
I know it has the lowest seat than any softail.Does that happen becouse of the seat's shape,or are the suspensions lower?
Does someone notice differences on the stability between 150mm rear wheeled softails and the 200mm ones?
I know the thinner tyres bent easier but what happens on straight roads at 80mph?
Thanks , Guys!
No they are not the HD narrow BB....

tyres bent...whats that?

Old 02-16-2010 | 10:26 AM
hbarleatherneck
Cruiser

as answered. no it doesnt come with beach bar.
check my bike pics and BLKnCHRME09Deluxe pics for beach bar options.

the bike is lowered 1 inch from the factory. they sell the shocks as profile low. in the HD parts catalog. the seat is also dished out more so, combined with the suspension, you have the low seat height.

i had a 2006 fxst with the 200mm rear. it sucked in opinion.
after several thousand miles (1 summer) the tire is flat in the middle. it doesnt handle as well in the turns. and after you add the flat spot, it really sucks. i know its the fad now, but i didnt like it. if you only are going to ride to the bar, its probably ok. but i ride 12 thousand give or take a year and i didnt like it.

plus the bike looks shitty from the rear with a round profile tire with a giant flat spot running down the middle after you ride a while. unless you can afford to replace the tire every couple thousand miles.

Old 02-16-2010 | 10:44 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by hbarleatherneck
as answered. no it doesnt come with beach bar.
check my bike pics and BLKnCHRME09Deluxe pics for beach bar options.

the bike is lowered 1 inch from the factory. they sell the shocks as profile low. in the HD parts catalog. the seat is also dished out more so, combined with the suspension, you have the low seat height.

i had a 2006 fxst with the 200mm rear. it sucked in opinion.
after several thousand miles (1 summer) the tire is flat in the middle. it doesnt handle as well in the turns. and after you add the flat spot, it really sucks. i know its the fad now, but i didnt like it. if you only are going to ride to the bar, its probably ok. but i ride 12 thousand give or take a year and i didnt like it.

plus the bike looks shitty from the rear with a round profile tire with a giant flat spot running down the middle after you ride a while. unless you can afford to replace the tire every couple thousand miles.
I agree.

If you like the look go with it but for basic handling I dont see a need for anything larger than a 180 for all the reasons stated above.

Old 02-16-2010 | 11:07 AM
rob i
Road Master

well, what would you call that bar if not a narrow beach bar?

it looks exactly like the $199 narrow beach bar that harley sells, except the stock one is 1inch and the $199 is 1 1/4 inch. I can't tell a visual difference at all except the $199 one is thicker.

it was always pitched as a narrow beach bar to me. And the $199 one was the upgraded narrow beach bar. Maybe i'm not seeing something, but they look pretty identical to me.

rob

Old 02-16-2010 | 11:22 AM
hbarleatherneck
Cruiser

the stock handlebar, is not a beach bar. it is not the same as the one harley markets as the beach bar.

look in the catalog. less rise than stock. less pullback then stock. totally different bar.

side by side the narrow beach bar and the stock Deluxe bar are not even close. I have seen them both in the dealership. because i looked at the harley unit for my deluxe. but i went a different way

Old 02-16-2010 | 11:32 AM
rob i
Road Master

i'll take your word for it. I don't see the differences, but i've never seen them next to eachother either.

still would like to know what you'd call the stock bar though.

Old 02-16-2010 | 11:38 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Stock Deluxe bars are Fugly!
Quick question on Deluxes-my-bike-002.jpg

Old 02-16-2010 | 12:29 PM
SUUIE
Road Master

It's not so much that the stock Deluxe bars are fugly but, the stock Deluxe risers sure are fugly.

Quick Reply: Quick question on Deluxes