Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

roland sands seat kit and a little bit of welding

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010 | 07:43 PM
snip0721
Road Master

a recent tig project done hrer at home. sorry for the glare from the stainless. steve

Attached Thumbnails roland sands seat kit and a little bit of welding-tig-weld-101-009.jpg  
Old 02-13-2010 | 07:49 PM
yep
|
Account Suspended

I love stainless TIG ... you dont need filler metal and if you do it right you get that golden look on the weld ... I use to build stainless headers for disney when I wasnt working ... its my favorite metal to weld ... always looks good ..

Old 02-13-2010 | 08:01 PM
snip0721
Road Master

i agree. only thing that looks as good is aluminum. that "stack of dimes" look is a real turn on. we're getting off the original topic...sorry. no intention of highjacking. steve

Old 02-13-2010 | 08:06 PM
yep
|
Account Suspended

I could care less ... I think I made my point .. just wanted people to see what was up before they spent the cash ... there are a ton of guys out there that make seats and pans and they are way nicer and less expensive ...

Old 02-13-2010 | 08:13 PM
snip0721
Road Master

i agree 100%. there a way too many places out there making junk **** and asking way too much cash for the quality. i was really kinda suprised that this roland sands piece fell into this catagory. it's really ashame that you spend good money to get a sad piece of workmanship. steve

Old 02-13-2010 | 08:14 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by skipper469
The RSD Vintage fender kit isn't shoddy. It's the RSD Vintage seat kit that is.

not jumpin' on you at all here , but to me that means i won't buy an RSD product because i won't know until i get it if it's 'out of the box and onto the bike' or if it's 'i gotta learn to tig weld before i can use this part' . makes me wonder about their quality control , and if the fender kits buyers have just been lucky and the next batch will be junk

thank goodness for this forum where people can tell everybody what they think of a product !

Old 02-13-2010 | 08:20 PM
yep
|
Account Suspended

I think they put this seat out with the intent of it looking cool but didnt think about function .. like I say before how the hell if you cover this seat are you saposed to get at the bolts to tighten it down if they are under the leather ... counter sink the upper bolts and pan and not counter sink the lower so they fit together ... just a poor design ... i feel like they were over thinking the design to make it more appealing ...

Old 02-13-2010 | 09:11 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by not_so_newb
not jumpin' on you at all here , but to me that means i won't buy an RSD product because i won't know until i get it if it's 'out of the box and onto the bike' or if it's 'i gotta learn to tig weld before i can use this part' . makes me wonder about their quality control , and if the fender kits buyers have just been lucky and the next batch will be junk

thank goodness for this forum where people can tell everybody what they think of a product !
I respect all opinions posted. I only speak from experience, and a lot of money spent. I too have been swayed away from buying the RSD Vintage seat kit after reading this post.; especially coming from someone who knows what he's talking about. My point is; not all of their product is as crappy as there seat kit. I have used a lot of RSD product on my 09 Street Bob, and using and will be using more RSD product on my 09' Crossbones. Have you seen the RSD exhaust, air cleaners, wheels, pulley, rotors, fender kit, bars. side mount plate, grips, headlight extension bracket, etc., etc... I have. A Chevy Aveo might be a piece of crap car, but that doesn't mean a Chevy 1500 truck is. Base your opinion on all information. Not one piece of it. I think DNA Wheels suck I say this from personal experience), but that doesn't mean I think their springers and eveything else they sell sucks.

Last edited by skipper469; 02-13-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2010 | 10:36 PM
yep
|
Account Suspended

Originally Posted by skipper469
I respect all opinions posted. I only speak from experience, and a lot of money spent. I too have been swayed away from buying the RSD Vintage seat kit after reading this post.; especially coming from someone who knows what he's talking about. My point is; not all of their product is as crappy as there seat kit. I have used a lot of RSD product on my 09 Street Bob, and using and will be using more RSD product on my 09' Crossbones. Have you seen the RSD exhaust, air cleaners, wheels, pulley, rotors, fender kit, bars. side mount plate, grips, headlight extension bracket, etc., etc... I have. A Chevy Aveo might be a piece of crap car, but that doesn't mean a Chevy 1500 truck is. Base your opinion on all information. Not one piece of it. I think DNA Wheels suck I say this from personal experience), but that doesn't mean I think their springers and eveything else they sell sucks.
very well said ... I cant speak about any other product just the one I have in front of me ...

Old 02-13-2010 | 11:39 PM
jumporjerkoff
Tourer

got to agree with skip on that, oh by the way thats my seat pan!!! i do hope the fender is better quality than the seat, im surprised with Roland, might have to kick his butt!! At least its in good hands now....

Quick Reply: roland sands seat kit and a little bit of welding