Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having Tires Mounted And Balanced? Dyna Beads?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 03:26 AM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Having Tires Mounted And Balanced? Dyna Beads?

I will be having my tires mounted and balanced on a set of RSD Judge wheels here within the next two weeks. I'm going to have my local Harley dealership do the mounting, as I feel I have some accountability if they muck them up while mounting. I really don't want to have to use wheel weights. Are the Harley dealerships familiar with Dyna Beads? Do they use and stock them? What are people's opinions on Dyna Beads? Also, I don't know if it has any bearing at all because I'm ignorant to bike mechanics, but I have 18x5.5 200/50 and 21x3.5 140/70 wheels and tires.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:24 AM
Kagan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I give up. What's a Dyna Bead? You talking about some rolling "momentum centrifugal gratifier?"

What's wrong with weights?

Old 02-09-2010, 05:10 AM
Z06_Pilot
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In a word, they are ugly. I have HD Reaper wheels on my bike and those stick on weights really jack up the look.

Weights are fine on my car wheels, as they can put them on the inside of the wheels where they can't be seen.

I will be having new Metzeler rubber mounted in the next few weeks and am also investigating Dyna Beads. i have read many good things about them.

my understanding is you toss them into the tire during mounting, with the amount based on the wheel/tire size being used..

Old 02-09-2010, 05:16 AM
skipper469
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Z06_Pilot
In a word, they are ugly. I have HD Reaper wheels on my bike and those stick on weights really jack up the look.

Weights are fine on my car wheels, as they can put them on the inside of the wheels where they can't be seen.

I will be having new Metzeler rubber mounted in the next few weeks and am also investigating Dyna Beads. i have read many good things about them.

my understanding is you toss them into the tire during mounting, with the amount based on the wheel/tire size being used..
Thanks for saving me a response. Why not weights? I think the answer is obvious.
Where's the best place to pick some Dyna Beads up?

Old 02-09-2010, 05:26 AM
Z06_Pilot
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can order directly from the manufacturer: http://www.innovativebalancing.com/search.php

that link is the dealer search on their site. I found about 15 places that carry these in my town, so I might try to find them locally...

Old 02-09-2010, 05:29 AM
skipper469
Road Warrior

Thanks for the link and help!

Old 02-09-2010, 05:34 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just mounted my new tires and am using dynabeads, a coworker has used them and swears by them. Too cold here for me to try them out. They are a pain to get in but I think they are worth the time.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:45 AM
skipper469
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Blk and Chrome
I just mounted my new tires and am using dynabeads, a coworker has used them and swears by them. Too cold here for me to try them out. They are a pain to get in but I think they are worth the time.
They're a pain to get in? Do you think I'll have any problems with Harley installing them.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Carmell RKC
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use them and they work awesome, smooth as glass. If your dealer doesnt want to deal with them, I would do it myself at home, it is totally worth it. They sell an installation kit that speeds up the process too.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:06 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Bring the beads with you when you have the tires installed. Since your new wheels are tubeless they are a piece of cake to put in. Once half the bead of the tire is over the rim they just dump the bag into the tire and put the other bead on. Well worth it in my book any day. I believe it is 1 oz for the front and 2oz for the rear. Smooth as silk.

Quick Reply: Having Tires Mounted And Balanced? Dyna Beads?