Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage Softail Classic Backrest

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 03:47 PM
gnarley
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lionsqnre..guess I'm taking one for the team..lol..promise to post pics when it gets here and that should answer a bunch of questions for guys..

Old 02-09-2010, 04:02 PM
AZRICH
5th Gear

Here is a picture of it on my bike. It slips on and off very easily.... it is NOT adjustable. It feels great when riding. I no longer slump in my seat, and I am in a better position with my arms to the handlebars. I highly recommend it.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:36 AM
gnarley
4th Gear

AZRICH..thanks for the pic. Question: It looks like it kinda sets forward some so does it push you forward on the saddler or is there give in the bracket when you lean back on it? Mine is being shipped today so guess I could wait for 2-3 days and find out..LOL..If it keeps me from slumping it'll all be good..that's my biggest problem. I'll see what it does in that regard and then maybe I'll have to add a 4" riser..I think I can do that without messing with cables. aaahhh the joys of adjusting the ride..

Last edited by gnarley; 02-10-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:08 AM
AZRICH
5th Gear

gnarley, it does sit forward of the passenger seat. I am height challenged, and found this to help me. I sit a bit forward on the seat now. And I sit upright. I also put 4 inch pullback risers on my bike. I did not have to replace the cables or brake line. I did have to adjust the brake line clamps a bit, but it worked out. Good luck with your backrest. BTW, I installed the Harley 4 inch pullback riser, but any 4 inch pullback would have worked as well. Not enough room for 6 inch pullback with replacing the cables and brake line, though.

Anyway, the bike fits me now. No more back or shoulder ache.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:40 AM
gnarley
4th Gear

Finally the backrest came in. Guess it was the bad weather in Illinois holding things up. But, as promised here are some pics. Click on them to see a bigger pic. Took about 3 minutes to put it on. Took a short ride to check it out and it was a big difference. Pushed me up just a touch but not bad at all. Of course it feels different but don't think it will take long to get used to it. Definetly prevents me from slumping down. So far so good.
Heritage Softail Classic Backrest-008.jpg

Heritage Softail Classic Backrest-009.jpg

Heritage Softail Classic Backrest-010.jpg

Heritage Softail Classic Backrest-011.jpg

Heritage Softail Classic Backrest-012.jpg

Old 02-18-2010, 08:31 AM
scasey
Road Master

Originally Posted by gnarley
Finally the backrest came in. Guess it was the bad weather in Illinois holding things up. But, as promised here are some pics. Click on them to see a bigger pic. Took about 3 minutes to put it on. Took a short ride to check it out and it was a big difference. Pushed me up just a touch but not bad at all. Of course it feels different but don't think it will take long to get used to it. Definetly prevents me from slumping down. So far so good.
Attachment 96631

Attachment 96632

Attachment 96633

Attachment 96634

Attachment 96635
Thanks for posting the pics, so the the back rest part just snaps in and out of the base part in your last picture for times you don't necessarily want to use it?

Old 02-18-2010, 09:32 AM
gnarley
4th Gear

Right. It just slips in & out..no mess no fuss. I will probably only use it on longer runs but just around town out she comes..no problem with dropping it in the saddlebag either. Also, it's not rigid so it has a nice give to it when you lean back.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:49 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put this on my Heritage and the HD adjustible back rest on my Road King. The HD is higher quality with a larger back rest that matches the passenger pillion back rest BUT you have to replace the stock seat which was around $300 and the adjustible back rest was around $300. I still haven't been able to ride either bike yet, but the HD backrest seems a bit more comfortible simply because you can adjust it. But overall, for the price, it seems a good unit and it's easily removable if you want to use it only for long rides.

Last edited by barjbar; 02-18-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:49 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

I just made my own... love it, and it matches the saddle bag with the chrome spots..

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...looks-028.html

Used the stock pillion seat that we didn't need anymore since buying her the touring pads..

Old 08-05-2011, 08:45 PM
DreamBiker
Stage III

I just bought the Grasshoper backrest for my 2011 Heritage. It took 10 minutes to install. Amazing difference in comfort. I strongly recommend this backrest. it looks great as well.

Quick Reply: Heritage Softail Classic Backrest