Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carlini Ape Dilemma: Fly'in vs. Gangster

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 07:32 PM
LooseMoose
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carlini Ape Dilemma: Fly'in vs. Gangster

My '05 FXST project has taken a abrupt turn and is now destined to receive new bars and cables... "WE" (the OL and I, gotta include her, ya know.. ) have decided on a set of Carlini 14" Apes. I like the Gangster, she likes the Fly'in Apes.

Now I could "flex the manly muscles" and just get what I want. HOWEVER... If mama ain't happy, ain't no body happy... If you get my drift. That said, we have decided to let you folks chime in with unbiased and neutral opinions that may (or may not) sway our (her) decision...

So what says the collective? Do we go Gangster Ape or Fly'in Ape? And why?

Old 02-05-2010, 07:45 PM
davescreation
Tourer

i had the same problem, flyin or gangster went with the 16" gangster and am very pleased. I dont think the flyin would have looked right on the bob

Old 02-05-2010, 07:53 PM
LooseMoose
Tourer

YEE HAW!!! One for me!! And yes folks, we ARE keeping score!

Thanks for your input!! Post a pic if you'd like! I'd love to see the bob!

Old 02-05-2010, 07:58 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the Gangster apes a little better than the flyin' apes , I think with the skinny front tire , the Gangster's narrower bottom , looks a little better.... How ever , I like the street fighter apes better that either one of the other two .

Old 02-05-2010, 08:01 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

You can add a poll to the thread with the advanced options or start a new thread with a poll where people can vote and it will keep track for you. Check it out. My vote is for the Flyin' but you can't go wrong with either.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Fireman1501
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 20" Gangster's and love them. I think they make the bike loook longer do to the hand grips moving forward instead of backwards. Plus if you have a wind shield the gangsters move around them better.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:10 PM
LooseMoose
Tourer

Tried to add a poll but couldnot find the option... Probably 'cause of the beer goggles I'm wearin' tonight. We're out in the shop whoopin' it up a bit!!

No matter... A poll would be nice but I'd also like to follow along with the "why" portion as well. Sounds like the score is now 2.5 to 1 Gangster vs. Fly'in. With an honorable mention for the street fighters.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:14 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by LooseMoose
Tried to add a poll but couldnot find the option... Probably 'cause of the beer goggles I'm wearin' tonight. We're out in the shop whoopin' it up a bit!!

No matter... A poll would be nice but I'd also like to follow along with the "why" portion as well. Sounds like the score is now 2.5 to 1 Gangster vs. Fly'in. With an honorable mention for the street fighters.
It's all good. I thought that would simplify the results, but i can't remember how to do it either without doing it. LOL.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:15 PM
davescreation
Tourer
Old 02-05-2010, 09:25 PM
davescreation
Tourer

its been said before carlinis run large, dont know if thats true these are the only apes ive ridden with, bit i went with a 1 1/4 inch riser for a total of 17.25 inches? just keep risers in mind when you figure how tall you want. not to hijack but here are a few more pics

Quick Reply: Carlini Ape Dilemma: Fly'in vs. Gangster