Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Jaxx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Let us know about the Yaffe. i can get you discounted pricing on his stuff. Paul's my bud.

Dr. V-Twin, could you please tell your bud there that I want some of his X Pipes for my Rocker and he needs to get on that pronto... If he is willing to comply to this demand I will be sure to place my order for them through you, especially at your discounted pricing, cause I do like deals, lol...

I think a chrome factory style 21" would look excellant on the front and would probably be interested in upgrading too if I hadn't jumped the gun and bought new dunlops including the mm90/19 front, only for the bike to arrive with a very nice set of metzellers already on it, the front being a 100/90/19... ****...

Old 02-05-2010, 08:55 AM
macj
4th Gear

Recsue7, I'm interested to know how long you have been waiting for your wheels? I bought a set of chrome wheels from them and got the wheels right away, but one had a hairline crack and leaked air so i sent it back and its been 2.5 months and i still haven't got it back yet! Plus it took 2 months to get my core deposit back. I hope you have better luck!

Old 02-05-2010, 08:58 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaxx
Dr. V-Twin, could you please tell your bud there that I want some of his X Pipes for my Rocker and he needs to get on that pronto... If he is willing to comply to this demand I will be sure to place my order for them through you, especially at your discounted pricing, cause I do like deals, lol...

I think a chrome factory style 21" would look excellant on the front and would probably be interested in upgrading too if I hadn't jumped the gun and bought new dunlops including the mm90/19 front, only for the bike to arrive with a very nice set of metzellers already on it, the front being a 100/90/19... ****...
I have heard that Yaffe's stuff takes forever too.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:19 PM
rescue7
Intermediate

Originally Posted by macj
Recsue7, I'm interested to know how long you have been waiting for your wheels? I bought a set of chrome wheels from them and got the wheels right away, but one had a hairline crack and leaked air so i sent it back and its been 2.5 months and i still haven't got it back yet! Plus it took 2 months to get my core deposit back. I hope you have better luck!
majc thanks for the heads up. I ordered my chrome Rocker wheels Jan 5th, they wanted $800 deposit so I let them charge me. They were promised by Jan 25th, saying they had plenty of people ordering so I decided on being put on waiting list. If by Monday the 8th my order isn't shipped then I will cancel and have a local chrome shop plate my original wheels. Last conversation I had was Friday the 5th was the expected date of shipping.

As far as getting a security deposit refunded I will see if I actually take delivery of the wheels, if i do then I will be hounding them on an hourly basis.

I feel for you getting a wheel with a hairline crack, i will mention thuis to Jay the manager and have him e-mail me a copy of the guarantee. I also paid via AMEX so I will dispute any charge that doesn't get looked at immediately.

Here is a link for a chrome parts supplier located in Dayton Ohio, I took delivery of the 5 star floating rotors and they are top notch.

http://www.kcint.zoovy.com/

Old 02-06-2010, 08:06 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawaii-Five-Jo
Thanks man sent an email to them, hopefully I'll here back from them, I got some info from paul yaffe and he said he already has one, hope its not a bank breaker!
whats the verdict? i would dig a 21 up front chrome.blak,polished etc. etc.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:38 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the January American Cycle Magazine they have an article on a Paul Yaffe build for Bones & Tails (picture below). The bike has a 23" front wheel and it appears to have the same look as the Rocker 19" wheel (The triple trees have a 5 degree rake in them). Didn't see anything on the Paul Yaffe site regarding this wheel or a 21" wheel. I like it!

Old 02-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoa wheel looks huge....

Old 02-06-2010, 10:08 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 too big
a 21 now were talkin!!

Old 02-06-2010, 10:41 PM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 115 Likes on 81 Posts

Also wouldn't fit under my new Heartland front fender...

Old 02-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by m i k e
whats the verdict? i would dig a 21 up front chrome.blak,polished etc. etc.
Well guys after his original email yaffe hasn't answered any of my follow ups reguarding the 21" he has, so I guess the waiting game begins. The 23" I think is way to big but the 21" should be KILLER! I will keep you guys posted.

Quick Reply: Rocker wheel?