Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightrain Rear Fender Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Tunernetwork
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Nightrain Rear Fender Help

Hello everyone, this is my first post so please don't mind if I sound a lil noobish but have been reading your threads on this forum for weeks and have been getting some kick *** ideas.

I have an 08 Softail Nightrain. I am going to post pics to this post in a few minutes, but just couldn't wait and wanted to get some input from you guys.

I am working on my rear fender this winter and I took the stock rear fender completely off. The style I am going for is the heartland style rear fender for the 200 rear end, something nice and short, clean etc. Something like this:

Now, I am looking for an alternative because I'm not in the mood to spend $1800 on it. I have looked on ebay and I have yet to find one exactly or close to this. But that is definitely the style I want. No doubt.

From reading some of your posts on this forum, I saw some people went with the milwaukeeiron and the rolandsands. I like the roland one, but I do not want that spring seat. I just bought a nice Lepeira bare bones solo seat, so was even hoping to keep using that and just tap a bolt hole in the fender prior to painting etc.

Can you guys post pics, info, links, or help em out with this. I hope I explained myself correctly. I have money to spend, but not looking to over due it, when I can get something very close to my goal, for over half the price. So if you can let me know on ease of installation etc. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
- Joe

Old 02-01-2010, 10:30 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

RSD makes an alternate seat to the spring seat to go with the Vintage fender kit. Heartland is spendy but nice stuff too. It really depends on how much mocking up and making everything fir you want to do. If you wnat discounted pricing on any of this stuff let me know, I can hook you up.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:42 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
RSD makes an alternate seat to the spring seat to go with the Vintage fender kit. Heartland is spendy but nice stuff too. It really depends on how much mocking up and making everything fir you want to do. If you wnat discounted pricing on any of this stuff let me know, I can hook you up.
RSD makes a very nice looking solo seat on the cheap that goes with the vintage fender kit. RSD also came out with a new fender kit with gloss black or chrome steel struts that retails for $599 . Check with the Dr. . He really can hook you up. I'm going to be getting the same fender kit from him shortly.
Everyone's a noobie at some point. Not a dumb question at all. Welcome!

Old 02-01-2010, 11:29 PM
bgibbster
Tourer

I second Dr V, I just ordered mine from him and he has it cheaper than the $599, also he has the Heartland kit cheaper than $1,999. Give him a shout and he will get back to you quick. Like I said in another thread the steel strut RSD kit is on backorder so get on the list ASAP.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:32 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bgibbster
I second Dr V, I just ordered mine from him and he has it cheaper than the $599, also he has the Heartland kit cheaper than $1,999. Give him a shout and he will get back to you quick. Like I said in another thread the steel strut RSD kit is on backorder so get on the list ASAP.
Thanks for the heads up! I guess I need to get mine on order too! Ohh Dr...

Old 02-02-2010, 12:28 AM
QS78
Tourer

i just bougth DBO RWD fender w/o LED:
http://www.hogpro.com/showsubcat2.ph...=3&subcatid=32
direct bolt-on, ull still be able to fit ur lepera seat and any HD sissy bar.

im going to chip the fender slightly to have that custome smooth look. similar to a member here:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ront-tire.html

i dont have to pay $$$ for the HL kit !! specially when u think about the additional $800 for two-up riding seat ! Plus wont face difficulties finding a solo seat to fit the RSD kit

Last edited by QS78; 02-02-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:43 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

No Heartland kits available in the UK, so I built my own!

All parts available in many of the aftermarket catalogues. Mine came from Motorcycle Warehouse (European company) but I'm pretty certain that you can get similar stuff and no doubt will have a much broader range than we can get!

Old 02-02-2010, 06:00 AM
boosteddelslow
Tourer

Nice work on that fender....looks good!!!

Old 02-02-2010, 10:00 AM
WATERHAWG08
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Replacement Rr fender

www.russwernimont.com
They have stock replacement bolt on fenders for around $350 that are kind of like the Heartland fenders. You can get them smooth or with license and tailight. Ck out the website.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Scheers44
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you like the bolt on fender by Russwernimont for 200mm bikes using stock struts let me know I got one i want to get rid of.

Quick Reply: Nightrain Rear Fender Help