Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Bike Was Hit!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 11:28 AM
SUUIE
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Bike Was Hit!

I had it parked right in the front of my house as I was cleaning out the garage. We went in for lunch and came out to it having been hit. I'm 99.9% sure that it was the Post Lady although she denies it. I live on a cul de sac and there are only 2 houses past mine. There's virtually no traffic on my street. The front fender has an abrasion and is tweaked. I hope that that's the only damage. Thankfully, I didn't lock up the front end or, it would have went down. The front end was turned fully to the left and wound up fully to the right and my fender tip was about 6' away lying on the ground and you could see were the kick stand was moved several inches as well. A police report was taken and I've contacted my insurance.

I'd appreciate any part numbers that anyone can provide. 2007 Softail Deluxe front fender in Cobalt Blue and Pearl White along with all of the fender trim pieces. TIA.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:41 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear that man and I know you're upset. But it could have been way worst then that. I'm sure you'll get her fixed up just like new in no time.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Man In Black
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SUUIE
I had it parked right in the front of my house as I was cleaning out the garage. We went in for lunch and came out to it having been hit. I'm 99.9% sure that it was the Post Lady although she denies it. I live on a cul de sac and there are only 2 houses past mine. There's virtually no traffic on my street. The front fender has an abrasion and is tweaked. I hope that that's the only damage. Thankfully, I didn't lock up the front end or, it would have went down. The front end was turned fully to the left and wound up fully to the right and my fender tip was about 6' away lying on the ground and you could see were the kick stand was moved several inches as well. A police report was taken and I've contacted my insurance.

I'd appreciate any part numbers that anyone can provide. 2007 Softail Deluxe front fender in Cobalt Blue and Pearl White along with all of the fender trim pieces. TIA.
Ask your neighbors if they saw or heard anything, sometimes people watch for the mail if they are expecting something and take a look at the mail vehicle to see if there is any of your paint colors on it. She probably hit it with those huge rubber bumpers that stick way out. Women Drivers ?

Old 01-31-2010, 11:57 AM
SUUIE
Road Master

story, thanks for the encouragement.

MIB, I've already talked with the neighbors as they were suspects as well, LOL! While I waited at the house for the police, my wife and son went to the post office where they were treated very rudely. The police went there as well. Let's just say that that postal truck's huge rubber bumper was f...ed up from many accidents.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Bugsplat
Road Captain

That totally sucks *** juice. Somebody hits your bike, knows they hit it and then bails = hopefully you catch the dirt bag but if not, karma most certainly will!

Old 01-31-2010, 12:15 PM
RottnRam
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be taking pictures of the postal vehicle bumper for evidence.. that is a hit and run and there is more than just damage to your vehicle someone left the scene of a crime. I would not let it end there...

Good luck

Old 01-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RottnRam
I would be taking pictures of the postal vehicle bumper for evidence.. that is a hit and run and there is more than just damage to your vehicle someone left the scene of a crime. I would not let it end there...

Good luck
The police went there as well. Let's just say that that postal truck's huge rubber bumper was f...ed up from many accidents.
Picture of a bumper covered with numerous scrapes would be worthless.
It appears that he has done all that he could do.

Dang I hate it that the Mail lady got away with it!
She was likely pissed that it was parked there, and went close on purpose. To think that she won, is so sad.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:24 PM
frogg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Spike strip for the Mail lady.
Oops I didn't know that was there?

Old 01-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know the layout by your house, but I found out through a dispute with my postman that they are NOT allowed to use their reverse gear. They could get "wrote up" for it if they are caught. (No chit, I verified this and it is fact).

Can you imagine what this world would be like if all commercial vehicles had to follow that rule? Ain't got no business driving a vehicle for a living, if you ain't sensible enough to back up without hitting something.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Rockyriver
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Suuie the good thing about a hit and run (if there is such a thing) is it usually will not make your insurance go up. I had my pickup get hit in a grocery store parking lot a while back, I filed on my insurance and had it fixed. I had the body man help me with the deductible.

Quick Reply: My Bike Was Hit!