Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson True Duals - Need Input

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010 | 12:20 PM
stratplexi
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by JayDee5150
I agree with what was said earlier...these are 33's as they look to be the same length as mine.

Now, as for you changing your pipes....Dude think long and hard about it, I think your pipes are sick bud, they are OG and nobody has them. There is something to be said for that.

IMHO, your current pipes have that an even more old school gangster look than true duals...yours go back to the old FL Shovelhead days...I LIKE UM!

I think they set your bike apart from the rest.

Oh, been wanting to ask you for a while now about your sig pic... the 5 window AD Chevy pickup in the picture, would that belong to you!?
JayDee, thanks for the props. Means a lot comin from you given you have a great eye for style. I will definately give this more thought. I am not going to buy any more parts for a while (at least until I get the other stuff in the done pile).

I wish that 5 window Chevy was mine. Just a pic I scoured off the net somewhere to have my sig pic made. I wanted something old school with an old gas station. I need to get it updated after I get the winter mods done. I have been runnin apes for a few years.

I think OS has or had a 5 window Chevy truck. They are cool...

Old 01-30-2010 | 02:33 PM
78fxs78
Banned

S-430's

Old 01-30-2010 | 02:39 PM
JayDee5150
Road Master

Originally Posted by stratplexi
JayDee, thanks for the props. Means a lot comin from you given you have a great eye for style. I will definately give this more thought. I am not going to buy any more parts for a while (at least until I get the other stuff in the done pile).

I wish that 5 window Chevy was mine. Just a pic I scoured off the net somewhere to have my sig pic made. I wanted something old school with an old gas station. I need to get it updated after I get the winter mods done. I have been runnin apes for a few years.

I think OS has or had a 5 window Chevy truck. They are cool...
Thats cool sig pic....I only asked because I've been looking for a solid 47-53 5 window for about two years now. I have a soft spot for those old trucks but finding a good one at a "reasonable" price is not easy...doesn't help that I am a nit picker and don't have unlimited funds to spend.

Back to your pipes...definitely think about if for a while. Bottom line, IMHO, you can't go wrong with what you have now, or making the switch to true duals.

Old 01-30-2010 | 02:47 PM
SniperCJ
Road Master

For what its worth, my Indy said stay away from the Samsom duals. Said they were really thin and would cause problems over the long haul. Being as I know nothing, I cant elaborate beyond what he told me.

Old 01-30-2010 | 03:42 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SniperCJ
For what its worth, my Indy said stay away from the Samsom duals. Said they were really thin and would cause problems over the long haul. Being as I know nothing, I cant elaborate beyond what he told me.
Let me guess....he works for V & H right.....so all you guys who's diggen your Samson's, you better remove them because of what some idiot says working out of a shop in TX......LMFAO!!!!

I'll get right on it........Loven mine bro sorry ...

I hate it when these guys who have no experience in Samson's, then talk $hit...

Old 01-30-2010 | 04:04 PM
JayDee5150
Road Master

Like I said earlier....I've had my Samson's for 6 years and change with no problems.

Old 01-30-2010 | 05:15 PM
OS_DELUXE
Road Captain

Originally Posted by stratplexi
... I think OS has or had a 5 window Chevy truck. They are cool...
Still have it... It's a '55 Big Window...

Old 01-30-2010 | 05:25 PM
JayDee5150
Road Master

Originally Posted by OS_DELUXE
Still have it... It's a '55 Big Window...

That is a sick truck OS....

Short bed...big window.....

What more can you ask for!

Old 01-30-2010 | 07:58 PM
casadelray
Advanced
Default 3 week old Samson

I just installed a set of the 28"s, with baffles on my Fatty. The install was easy as the instruction were well laid out. The biggest PITA was tightening the aft nut on the rear jug. I recommend finding a cheap combo wrench and making a 90 degree bend on the open end. I also grabbed a distributor wrench. The quality of the metal used seems good so far. I live in Okinawa and rust will take over in a heartbeat on anything not designed to handle it. The sound is alot louder than I expected with baffles, but the neighbors haven't complained and I get many compliments. The only other thing I could recommend would be if your going to run saddles, you may want to have the 32's so the fishtail and bag don't contact.

Attached Thumbnails Samson True Duals - Need Input-casadelray-albums-07-flstf-picture65147-beach-bars-samson-duals-and-light-rings-all-installed.jpg  
Old 01-31-2010 | 02:54 AM
MADDOG808
Advanced
Default Samson True Duals

Aloha All,

I just mounted a set of Samsons like Black Chromes. I previously had a set of Reinhart slipons. Man these Samsons are fricken sick. I love how they sound and look. You can't go wrong with these pipes. They are much more louder and better sounding. I also like the Cholos but i definetly would scrape every where i go.

Especially now I have a set of Progressive 422's waiting to be mounted. I will probably slam it the full 2"s. Just love the look of all Deluxe's posted here that are slammed.

Sorry to hear alot of you can ride due to foul weather. But here in Hawaii it's always sweet to ride. Will post full set of pictures of bike soon.

Quick Reply: Samson True Duals - Need Input