Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson True Duals - Need Input

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010 | 09:17 AM
stratplexi
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by JayDee5150
From their website....

Part #: S-233

Silver Bullet" 33" Straight Fishtail

These are Samson's original fishtail design...no baffles. Had these for a little over 6 years now. If you look at the newer Samson true dual fishtail pipes, the slip-ons area fatter in order to fit baffles. These stay skinny from the header to the fishtail.

Just another option....
D@mn your bike rocks...

I like the length of yours but I gottsa have baffles. My neighbors might not like those late summer nights otherwise...

Old 01-30-2010 | 09:20 AM
stratplexi
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by aggro_jo
I've had the 28's, 33's and settled on the cholo's. Wish I would have bought them from the start.
Are these 36s or 39s? Are they baffled? They kill on your scoot....not sure if I want to go that long or not. I would definately be raising the @ss end of the bike when coming in and out of the driveway. Othewise it would be dragging bad. I already drag if I dont get my weight off the bike and I am only 210 lbs.

But no big deal, thats what the shotgun is for

Old 01-30-2010 | 09:28 AM
stratplexi
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by ElSupremo
Mine are the shortest, and they work well for me right now, because I scrape a little coming out of my driveway. Longer ones would probably really drag. That being said, I'll be going longer once I get an airride suspension.

The Longtails look better than the regular fishtails, imo, but either ones have a classic look. That's definitely one thing that Samson got right. Best looking fishtail out there. I love the setup you have, though. I'm not sure I've seen another one like it and it sets you apart and looks great.
I like these a lot...but not enough to make the change. I really like my current Samsons. They are very rare...in fact, they haven't made them in a few years. When they did make them, they were for an EVO. I had to get a different mounting bracket to get them to work. When I bought them I was torn between them and longtails.

Now with all you guys pimpin true duals, I am feeling the peer pressure...lol. You know how it is...keep lookin at something until you want it . Anyway, to make the change worthwile, I am gonna have to probably go at least 33.

Old 01-30-2010 | 09:31 AM
stratplexi
|
Grand HDF Member

Anyone know what length this guys is pimpin on his 05?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-wKTP2z3MQ

Guy has that carb idlled down and it sounds killer...

Not to mention, the rest of the bike. What kind of seat is he running? Anyone know this cat?

Last edited by stratplexi; 01-30-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-30-2010 | 09:38 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by stratplexi
Now with all you guys pimpin true duals, I am feeling the peer pressure...lol. You know how it is...keep lookin at something until you want it . Anyway, to make the change worthwile, I am gonna have to probably go at least 33.
Yes agreed, my 28.5" just stick past the rear fender...I think 33" are the perfect length. Sucks because when i bought my pipes they didn't have the new style 33" (fully heat shielded) out yet. They just came out in later 09'.. Only the older style like JayDee's were sold before that.
I also do like the "cholos" but they are a little long for my taste. But if i had hard bags... the "cholos" would be the chiznet.

Good Luck strat....

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 01-30-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-30-2010 | 09:39 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Not to mention, the rest of the bike. What kind of seat is he running? Anyone know this cat?
33"s perfect aren't they...seat looks like a LePera Silloette..

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 01-30-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-30-2010 | 09:53 AM
stratplexi
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
33"s perfect aren't they...seat looks like a LePera Silloette..
I think the 33s are going on my list. They do look kick @ss. But I have to get the rest my winter mods in the done pile first. DNA delayed my wheels and I still haven't received them. They are supposed to be here next week. That will be about 5 weeks. I ordered them before the end of the year.

I also sent my shotgun back to JD for the mounting modification. He is supposed to ship it Monday so hopefully it will be back by the end of next week too. Takes about 4-5 days from Cali to Ohio via ground. I have the chrome swingarm, calipers, tires and some other chrome goodies already. I am almost out of winter....I need to get my @ss in gear!!!

BTW, how much is that 05 dropped in the front? Can you tell from the vid???

Old 01-30-2010 | 10:03 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

I am almost out of winter....I need to get my @ss in gear!!!

BTW, how much is that 05 dropped in the front? Can you tell from the vid???
No $hit ...1 more month then we can start to ride here in KC...My bike hasn't seen the road now for 2 1/2 months....F*kn snow....We had 1.5' of snow on the ground for a month then it finally melts and guess what last nite...more F*kn snow....

That bikes dropped 2" ...do yourself a favor with your front drop..Go with Progressive.

Old 01-30-2010 | 10:12 AM
stratplexi
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
No $hit ...1 more month then we can start to ride here in KC...My bike hasn't seen the road now for 2 1/2 months....F*kn snow....We had 1.5' of snow on the ground for a month then it finally melts and guess what last nite...more F*kn snow....

That bikes dropped 2" ...do yourself a favor with your front drop..Go with Progressive.
I have not ridden since November...sucks!!!

Thanks for the tip ...progressive it is. I have really been struggling with how much to drop the front. Finally decided, going 2 inches in the front. I hope I don't completely destroy the ride. WTF, I have an Ultra for ridin the little lady. Might as well go all out on the Deluxe.

This forum is killin my pocket book...lol. I had a bunch of mods planned for my Ultra this winter but those are not going to happen.

Old 01-30-2010 | 11:23 AM
JayDee5150
Road Master

I agree with what was said earlier...these are 33's as they look to be the same length as mine.

Now, as for you changing your pipes....Dude think long and hard about it, I think your pipes are sick bud, they are OG and nobody has them. There is something to be said for that.

IMHO, your current pipes have that an even more old school gangster look than true duals...yours go back to the old FL Shovelhead days...I LIKE UM!

I think they set your bike apart from the rest.

Oh, been wanting to ask you for a while now about your sig pic... the 5 window AD Chevy pickup in the picture, would that belong to you!?

Last edited by JayDee5150; 01-30-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Samson True Duals - Need Input