Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody going to the Myrtle Beach,SC Rally??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 10:06 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes the city police basically will harass you for non DOT helmet or lack of wearing one and also passed a city ordinance for pipes being to loud.
If you have a beer or two I would not recommend going thru the city. The city cop that pulled me over was gonna make me park my bike and get a cab to Harley to go get a DOT helmet. I told him I had just pulled into Myrtle from MD on my bike. He could have cared less.
I dont wanna hear that I should have had a DOT helmet either and this would have not happened. I know the Law. My buddy is a city cop and we were together. The city cop looked over at my buddy and told him his was not DOT either. Its the same as jay walking across the street. My buddy asked the city cop if he was giving out tickets for those as well.
It could have turned out worse, he let us go only because of my buddy, otherwise I was getting a ticket and a new helmet.
I will say this...... the people that were around were yelling at the city cop to let us go. The Statey's on the other hand were cool down there. No worries from them.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:35 AM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
Let's not try the PC spin...you or no one else has ever heard me say that I've had a bad experience in the PAST at MB...I had fun there for years...

What I've said is that due to the petty anti biker legislation that they've recently passed I won't spend a dime in MB OR the surrounding area...there are WAY too many other areas that roll out the red carpet for bikers and treat us first class...I'll be damned if I'll go to any area and have to watch that I don't cross a city limit and get my *** persecuted...

Sounds suspiciously like you have some business associates down there that you're trying to help make some $$...I don't see anyone on here repeatedly offering to help people out if they'll go to Sturgis...

Oh, that's right...Sturgis WANTS bikers...

Sounds as if enough bikers have felt that they've been **** on down there that they've stayed away in numbers big enough to be hurting the whole area in the wallet...

Good deal...
Not sure what you mean by "the PC spin" and frankly I don't care. Based on your comment to the thread it sounded like you were not happy. I did not add anything to what you said nor did I take the opportunity to make any inference to your motives like you did to me. I absolutley have no financial ties to anyone there. We own a timeshare and have more time than we can use at the moment. When I was making my reservations there were some additional openings and it occured to me that I may be able to help some of my fellow bikers on the forum. That's all...plain and simple! I could easily place a rental add and have no trouble making money by renting but again I thought of helping fellow bikers instead of making top dollar. I have done the same thing selling parts on here to forum members for less money than I could have gotten else where. If you don't want to go to Mrytle Beach...then by all means don't go; however I have done nothing to deserve your comments about my motives.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:26 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by harleyheaven
Not sure what you mean by "the PC spin" and frankly I don't care. Based on your comment to the thread it sounded like you were not happy. I did not add anything to what you said nor did I take the opportunity to make any inference to your motives like you did to me. I absolutley have no financial ties to anyone there. We own a timeshare and have more time than we can use at the moment. When I was making my reservations there were some additional openings and it occured to me that I may be able to help some of my fellow bikers on the forum. That's all...plain and simple! I could easily place a rental add and have no trouble making money by renting but again I thought of helping fellow bikers instead of making top dollar. I have done the same thing selling parts on here to forum members for less money than I could have gotten else where. If you don't want to go to Mrytle Beach...then by all means don't go; however I have done nothing to deserve your comments about my motives.

The only thing that makes me "unhappy" about MB is the way things ARE now...God knows how much money bikers have pumped into the economy down there over the years, and then we get slapped in the face by the current city administration the way we have...not to mention that the populace has re elected the party or parties responsible for the harrassing legislation, so this is all with the blessings of the majority of people there...

There are a number of rallies around my home area, the largest of which is the Easyrider Rodeo in Sept...all of these places roll out the red carpet for bikers...and if any of those places passed legislation like MB, the LAST thing I would be doing is coming here and trying to talk people into going ANYwhere close to those areas...but them MY only motivation would be trying to spare anyone being harrassed and fined by wandering into the wrong areas...and thereby hitting those areas where it hurts, which is their wallets...

Fck the MB rally...

Old 01-30-2010, 01:49 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
The only thing that makes me "unhappy" about MB is the way things ARE now...God knows how much money bikers have pumped into the economy down there over the years, and then we get slapped in the face by the current city administration the way we have...not to mention that the populace has re elected the party or parties responsible for the harrassing legislation, so this is all with the blessings of the majority of people there...

There are a number of rallies around my home area, the largest of which is the Easyrider Rodeo in Sept...all of these places roll out the red carpet for bikers...and if any of those places passed legislation like MB, the LAST thing I would be doing is coming here and trying to talk people into going ANYwhere close to those areas...but them MY only motivation would be trying to spare anyone being harrassed and fined by wandering into the wrong areas...and thereby hitting those areas where it hurts, which is their wallets...

Fck the MB rally...
I have not tried to talk anyone into going to Mrytle Beach or anywhere else for that matter. Horry County has openly stated they welcome all bikers and will roll out the red carpet. The Mrytle Beach city limits is a very small area and can be easily avoided There will be plenty of people going (many on this forum) and as adults that is there decision. I made a simple gesture to those that will be going to help them save money. You attacked me and my motives by implying things that are pure nonsense and for the life of me I can't understand why this has generated such anger.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:24 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Threads about the possibility of going to MB always bring out the negative crowd. Funny thing is that if you look at the locations of the posters, you will often see replies from people as far away as the West coast, who probably have never been to MB and likely would never go regardless of the political climate toward bikers.........Not saying that is the case here. Just an observation on the past year and a half's worth of MB threads that pop up.

Last edited by xxxflhrci; 01-30-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:44 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by harleyheaven
I have not tried to talk anyone into going to Mrytle Beach or anywhere else for that matter. Horry County has openly stated they welcome all bikers and will roll out the red carpet. The Mrytle Beach city limits is a very small area and can be easily avoided There will be plenty of people going (many on this forum) and as adults that is there decision. I made a simple gesture to those that will be going to help them save money. You attacked me and my motives by implying things that are pure nonsense and for the life of me I can't understand why this has generated such anger.
Anger? Not at all...just being adamant about not putting any money into any area surrounding MB...when someone tells me to get out of Dodge City, I don't see the point of hanging around outside the city limits seeing how close I can put my toe to the line to "show them"...

I'm certainly not naive enough to think that none of the businesses in the surrounding areas aren't owned by a number of the smug residents of MB proper...are you?...and the bottom line is that if the residents of MB don't care that they're economically hurting their "friends" and "neighbors" who own businesses all over the area , I certainly don't...when enough of them feel the crunch, they'll turn up the heat, and clean up their own back yard...

When and IF that happens, I might change my mind...

Old 01-31-2010, 07:51 AM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts

I live 2 hours from the place. You can read my posts in other forum sections if you want my best effort at a fair assessment. I was harassed at a North Myrtle Beach business for no good reason. That's one small example. Spending money around the city eventually puts money IN the city and I don't want that place to get a nickle of mine. If everyone in the county boycotts the city, well, then... I might help them out on that but that's not what they are doing. If all the businesses around the city put money into a civil rights defense fund so that if you do get harassed for petty crap like DOT or non DOT helmets (my wallet chain was a 'weapon') you would get defended to the state supreme court for free, then I might think they were serious about defeating the brainless idiots from MB. I have seen few posts that were from anyone that didn't have a self serving interest in getting bikers to still come there... (No, I don't mean ALL of you so don't take it personally).

C#

Old 02-01-2010, 05:45 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master

The ONLY reason I started this thread was to help those that are going regardless. I honestly didn't anticipate the direction this thing took...but it's all good. Thanks to those that have replied and if I can help further let me know.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:26 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Any MB thread is a good opportunity to enlighten those who may not yet be aware of the negative and harrassing anti biker legislation in effect down there...also to remind people that the money you spend "outside" the city will more than likely make it's way into the city, and into the hands of people in favor of keeping you out of MB proper...

And as always, another opportunity to say that MB can kiss my bike, my $$, and my happy *** goodbye...and I'll never pass up that opportunity anytime it's presented here...

Old 02-01-2010, 06:37 PM
djcustom1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya thay can kiss my ----- allso, the way it was last year, thay can keep it. I will go to daytona or cherokee,or so on first.

Quick Reply: Anybody going to the Myrtle Beach,SC Rally??