Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Auxilary Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Boxer 6
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fatboy Auxilary Lighting

My wife wants an auxilary lighting kit installed on her bike. I found two lighting kits in the HD catalog. One kit is priced at $230.00 and the other "deluxe" kit is priced at $400.00. Anyone know the difference between the two kits? Thanks for the input.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Grizzbare
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the 230 dollar unit uses your existing bullet turn signals the deluxe adds the pancake signals if I remember correctly.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:06 AM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Boxer 6
My wife wants an auxilary lighting kit installed on her bike. I found two lighting kits in the HD catalog. One kit is priced at $230.00 and the other "deluxe" kit is priced at $400.00. Anyone know the difference between the two kits? Thanks for the input.
I have the lower priced kit on my bike. I can put either bullet or pancake signals on it.
The difference that I could see is all cosmetic. The lower priced unit is a round bar, where the higher priced unit has a more streamlined bar that is sort of oval shaped (wider front to back, and narrower from top to bottom).
That's the only difference that I could see.
Hope this helps.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:45 AM
Beachman
Advanced

The higher priced model comes with the bullet signals, and a smooth Delux type shroud located behing the head light. The bar which holds the lights is as stated above in the previous thread.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:04 AM
ski917
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The lesser price one is the one you see on a Heritage, the other is the one that use's the same style turn signals on the Fatboy and puts them under the passing lamps. I went with the Heritage style on my 07 Fatboy.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:24 AM
reddog8145
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

I found that all a bit confusing mysef and I'm not looking to get any aux lamps as yet. Personaly I'd speak to a dealer they should know.

Reddog UK

Old 01-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Boxer 6
Road Captain

Good feedback. Can you wire these lights to work with your high beams?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:24 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

The standard kit is what is found on the Heritage and the Deluxe Kit is what is on the Deluxe. IMO the Deluxe kit looks a little more custom, the shape of the cross bar and the mounting looks is thicker and looks more custom than the standard kit..

yes you can wire the Spots to work with the High beams on , do a search there are some threads on it or you can just connect direcrly to any switched hot lead or directly to the battery (down side of that is if you dont remember to turn off the spots it will drain the battery.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:34 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Boxer 6
Good feedback. Can you wire these lights to work with your high beams?
Wired mine up with a relay so they can be on with both hi or low beams. Dont have to worry about leaving them on with a relay.

Here is a good deal since it has turn signals. This person is over an hour away from me. I do not know him. If he lived closer I would check it out for you. Heck, Id probably buy it just for a spare.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/1577066447.html

Old 01-30-2010, 03:50 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Beachman
The higher priced model comes with the bullet signals, and a smooth Delux type shroud located behing the head light. The bar which holds the lights is as stated above in the previous thread.
The more expensive kit is what I have on my bike. As stated it has an oval shaped bar, bullet style signals, and smooth tins. Also be aware of the differences if you intend to mount a shield. Certain aux. light kits will not work with certain shields. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Fatboy Auxilary Lighting