Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on this crash bar?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Cozmic
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on this crash bar?

Hello!
Does anyone have any experience/opinions on this crash bar? Anyone have one of these? What do you think of it? I know, I know! You get what you pay for, lol!

https://www.phatperformanceparts.com...ode=VT-51-0990

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-26-2010, 07:31 PM
brgtr3
Outstanding HDF Member

Nice looking bar, but no experience with it. I'm thinking of getting one this season, so I'll be interested to hear any reviews (of this or any other crash bars.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:49 PM
creatv1
Tourer

Don't know about the quality, but I like that bar. The Lindby's bends are kind of crazy too me-- that looks more classic but you still get the footrests.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:08 PM
tslonige
Road Captain

That will look good on a Heritage. It's like a cross breed between a traditional bar and a Lindby. I like it and the price. lol

Old 01-26-2010, 08:17 PM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is the same one I have. See the pics in my profile. I love it. I often rest my feet on top of the rests. There are times when I think I would like some offset pegs also added to the sides at an angle, but then, I think I might have trouble reaching them, and also might ruin the clean lines.

The quality is great, and has saved my leg and my bike once so far. We were on a gravel slope in a dark parking lot at Americade and a friend started backing his GW perpendicular to me. I turned 90* to the right to catch his attention and stop him and the bike went down to the left. Only some minor scratches on my mirror and derby cover (and my pride) and the bar kept the bike off my leg.

Feel free to ask any Qs.

Creatv1 - you have my dream bike...keep me in mind if you ever decide to part company.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:21 PM
pugs
Tourer

looks nice. I like my linbar and agree that it is nice to have an extra place for your feet.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Cozmic
Cruiser

Thanks for the input, folks! DeLuxeLady, from what you mentioned, I am going to go ahead and order one. Heck of a lot better priced than the Harley dealership.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Heritage632
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have the same bar on my Heritage. I have the HD one that is called the "Mustache Engine Guard". Lots of folks have them especially on Fatboys, Heritages and Deluxes. No complaints. Bar looks great IMO. You can see pics in my album.

Steve

Old 01-31-2010, 12:46 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the Cruise Arm instead, really just wanted highway pegs but always figured it gives some extra protection. I was corrected twice at the dealer, they are engine guards not crash bars, give me a break.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:06 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts

GymRat, where did you get those cruise arms? i might like something like that for my heritage. I have the mustache? bars that just come down from the top, not a full engine guard, and i can't seem to get my feet where i want them.

Quick Reply: Opinions on this crash bar?