Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harbor Freight wheel choke any good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:56 PM
scasey
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harbor Freight wheel choke any good?

Anyone have one of these? Or do need to spend the money on the Condor or something else? Any other recommendations on a wheel choke?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=97841

Old 01-26-2010, 12:46 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 186 Likes on 147 Posts

I have seen that at the store. Seems like it would do the job safely if it were fastened to piece of plywood or anchored to the concrete making it more stable. Also consider adding eye bolts further out from the choke, putting the tie downs further out on each side of the bike.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:26 AM
scasey
Road Master

Originally Posted by KumaRide
I have seen that at the store. Seems like it would do the job safely if it were fastened to piece of plywood or anchored to the concrete making it more stable. Also consider adding eye bolts further out from the choke, putting the tie downs further out on each side of the bike.

Thanks for the info, i don't want one that i will need to bolt down to be sturdy, i am pretty sure the Condor one doesn't need anything for garage use.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:54 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I have one and I also hve the less expensive Haul Master Chock that Harbor sells.

They both work great. i have one set up to bolt in and out of my trailer to tow my bike and I have the other attached by red heads in the garage an I park my bike in it and do most of the maintaince and cleaning on it.

harbor also sells a little roller that you can place under the wheel to allow it to turn to detail ect,

I like it better than my motorcycle jack and lets me do most of the basics easily

Old 01-26-2010, 10:01 AM
mchase
Stage I

Originally Posted by scasey
Anyone have one of these? Or do need to spend the money on the Condor or something else? Any other recommendations on a wheel choke?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=97841
I mounted two of these in a 6'x12' single-axle tralier and drove round trip from NY to BikeWeek in 2009. Worked just fine, I liked them better than their cheaper wheel chocks. Extended eyelits through trailer floor and added additional d-rings with reinforcments under the trailer, not a bad wheel chock for the money.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:05 AM
fester1
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its flimsier than the original Condor but like all harbor freight junk, it's hard to beat the price. Too bad most people would rather save money and buy cheap harbor freight garbage instead of buying the good U.S. made products like the Condor.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:53 AM
BigAlsRK
Road Master

I have the condor....great product

Old 01-26-2010, 11:04 AM
ImNoPrince
Road Captain

I just picked one up for $39.99 with a coupon can't beat that price and it seem like it's very stable. I have a Wood floor so just did a few Screws to hold her down .

Here's the Coupon good until 3-1-10

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html...e/images/2.jpg

Last edited by ImNoPrince; 01-26-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:07 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

For the price the HF is an awesome deal. I have 2 Condors that I paid $250 each for. My buddy bought the HF model you showed for about $39 on sale.

I hate to admit it but it performs as well as the Condor. Had I known such a product existed I would've never bought the Condors.

Yes, they're made in the USA, are aluminum and have a detach lug so you can easily remove them from the trailer. Is that worth over $200 more?. You be the judge.

And just so you know if not bolted down either model can tip if you're not lined up correctly. Wife almost dumped her bike in the garage.

I saw a post on the net where someone used a few washers as spacers to take up some of the side to side play on the HF model.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:53 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,462 Likes on 2,330 Posts

I have 2 of them bolted down in the trailer without the cross brace.Did the same thing as jimmers and used a couple of .15 a piece washers to take the play out of them.Put the bike in them and strap them down.They work just fine.No different than any of the others out there except I have 400.00 extra in my pocket.You guys crack me up with the pay more get more bs.G.

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight wheel choke any good?