Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harbor Freight wheel choke any good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 06:27 PM
fester1
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by back again
I have 2 of them bolted down in the trailer without the cross brace.Did the same thing as jimmers and used a couple of .15 a piece washers to take the play out of them.Put the bike in them and strap them down.They work just fine.No different than any of the others out there except I have 400.00 extra in my pocket.You guys crack me up with the pay more get more bs.G.
Nothin wrong with saving some money. I just think it sucks that the price of the US-made Condor pretty much forces our hand to buy harbor freight's cheap imaitation from taiwan. When its cars and motorcycles, its all about buying American, but it doesnt need to stop there.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:05 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,461 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by fester1
Nothin wrong with saving some money. I just think it sucks that the price of the US-made Condor pretty much forces our hand to buy harbor freight's cheap imaitation from taiwan. When its cars and motorcycles, its all about buying American, but it doesnt need to stop there.
I hear what your saying fester.I buy American made whenever I can.I refuse to pay for nothing and unfortunately this is one of those products that fits that category.I'd be willing to bet the steel that Condor uses comes from across the pond.Too bad many American made products equals junk nowadays but that's what our illustrious government and lazy workers have bought it to.G

Old 01-28-2010, 12:26 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 186 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by ImNoPrince
I just picked one up for $39.99 with a coupon can't beat that price and it seem like it's very stable. I have a Wood floor so just did a few Screws to hold her down .

Here's the Coupon good until 3-1-10

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html...e/images/2.jpg
You gotta be kiddin me... may have to get one now...

Old 04-19-2010, 03:14 PM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I looked at the Condor and then I found this thread. I reviewed both and I agree $68.00 with shipping is a deal so I bought one. I plan to use it as a floor mount to change oil etc... So I am going to have a piece of steel welded to the bottom and then glue rubber matting to the bottom of the steel plate to prevent sliding. If anyone thinks the plating is excessive please let me / us know.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:24 PM
noodlez914
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed 2 of the Harbor Freight Chokes on my trailer today for my 2 sportsters. I was under the impression it will hold your bike upright while you strap it down. Am I missing something here?? Some of you are saying these hold your bike up without you holding on to it? I wouldnt trust taking my hand off for a second. Hmmmm I wonder what the hell im doing wrong, there is a ton of wobble.