Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shotgun Shock on Rockers???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 02:34 PM
hispeed
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shotgun Shock on Rockers???

OK guys, I contacted Shotgun Shock today by email and asked them the following questions. Below is the actual email I sent and the reply I got back.

Email to Shotgun Shock:

Have you guys had anyone mount a Shotgun Shock on a Rocker yet? I'm concerned with the amount of room required to mount the compressor. What is this charcoal box you are talking about? Is this on my Rocker now and if so when you say cut it in half are you saying that it will not be reinstalled. Therefore... permanently removed? I don't have a problem removing it as long as it will not screw with any of the emissions during inspection time.

Let me know guys. The system seems like a great idea
Thanks
Hispeed

Email Recieved about 20 mins later:

We have installed the shotgunshock on Rockers and have many satisfied rocker owners using the shogunshock the compressor fits on the rocker and bolts in under the trans housing. Only calif uses charcoal canisters.

My question to you Rocker owners out there is for you to come forward and tell us how it feels on the bike and if you installed it yourself was it simple. Tell us the good and bad for our bikes.

I've attached a pic of both the black version and polished version. These list for $1500 on the Shotgun Shock website so they are an investment!!!

Lets hear from you guys on this and pass on the good info.

Attached Thumbnails Shotgun Shock on Rockers???-shotgun-shock-black.jpg   Shotgun Shock on Rockers???-shotgun-shock-polished.jpg  
Old 01-24-2010, 02:47 PM
phantom rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doing the winter mods right now and the shotgun shock was the first thing I jumped on. It fits nicely and is a fairly easy install. On a scale of 0-10, I'd say 5 because of getting at the right rear shock bolt and locating the switches. I still have the bike torn apart as I am mocking up the heartland kit and building a custom front fender, so I haven't tried it out on the road. With the heartland kit, I like the way it lowers the bike to the point that the tire and the fender are tight.

By the way, I picked up the shock on Ebay from ianmnumero1 (seller) for 1k. He has sold a bunch of them and it took some patience waiting for him to post up another one.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:56 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by phantom rider
I picked up the shock on Ebay from ianmnumero1 (seller) for 1k. He has sold a bunch of them and it took some patience waiting for him to post up another one.
Yep same here contact that guy for the best buy.....He shipped super fast. 1k i paid too.

After i bought one from him he sent me a e-mail saying he had many more for sale and to e-mail him for another.

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 01-24-2010 at 02:59 PM.