Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have bike dyno or not????

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 08:14 AM
skullwizard
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have bike dyno or not????

was at dealership other day and they are recommending I have a dyno done on my bike~~~~
have a 2008 Rocker C with vance and hines big radius pipes and VH fuel pak~~~ also have kurayken air intake

any suggestions?

Old 01-24-2010, 09:59 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Have it Dyno'ed for what reason ? As long as you are running the F.P. , a Dyno run will only show you where your AFRs are at , and hp/tq numbers . The FP is not tunable .

Old 01-24-2010, 11:01 AM
bueller
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jaysonL
Have it Dyno'ed for what reason ? As long as you are running the F.P. , a Dyno run will only show you where your AFRs are at , and hp/tq numbers . The FP is not tunable .
Agreed. Besides, in many cases there isn't a lot to be gained from dyno tuning a stock bike with exhaust and high flow air cleaner. Sometimes a couple hp/tq and a bit of mileage, but that's about it.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:01 PM
skullwizard
Cruiser

Thanks for the input~~just saved me a load of $$$~~ the dealership recommended that i get it done...

Old 01-24-2010, 01:21 PM
roadkingharry
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

As long as you have the correct map loaded into your fuel pack, based on your air intake and exhaust, there's no reason to put it on the dyno. With those 3 modifications , you should better acceleration that you'll notice right from the get-go.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:26 PM
skullwizard
Cruiser

Originally Posted by roadkingharry
As long as you have the correct map loaded into your fuel pack, based on your air intake and exhaust, there's no reason to put it on the dyno. With those 3 modifications , you should better acceleration that you'll notice right from the get-go.
dont know a whole lot about this so excuse my ignorance ~~ but how do you make sure its mapped out right?

Old 01-24-2010, 01:45 PM
bueller
Intermediate

You look in the fuel pak list of maps, find the one that corresponds to the air cleaner and exhaust you have installed on your bike, and then you follow the fuel pak instructions to check each of the modes to make sure the value stored is the same that is listed in the map you have chosen.

I know it sounds confusing, but it is really quite easy.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:50 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by skullwizard
dont know a whole lot about this so excuse my ignorance ~~ but how do you make sure its mapped out right?
If you're running a Fuel PAc , and your bike is running smooth , you have the right map .

Old 01-24-2010, 02:06 PM
skullwizard
Cruiser

ok~~ is running good so should be good to go

Old 01-24-2010, 02:13 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't buy into all of that "the dealership says" stuff. They're in business to make money, and sell you any product/service that they think they can. Now if you personally know and trust a person there that's a different story, but to just take advice from "Joe Blow" at the dealership, that's never been for me. You'll get many more responses to your questions here on this forum, and they won't all be the same, but you can listen to them, see which one makes more sense to you, and then make an informed decision.

Quick Reply: Have bike dyno or not????