Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DNA Mamoth Spokes

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010 | 01:55 PM
stratplexi
|
Grand HDF Member
Default DNA Mamoth Spokes

OK guys...need some insight. My new DNA spokes are on order (21 - 3.5 front, 16 -3.5 rear). I have received the new WWW Avons, rotors, and pulley. I also bought a 1/2" spacer for the pulley.

Any of you guys running the DNA mamoths need to custom make or change out stock spacers to get the wheels lined up? If so, did you have them made or where did you source them? Please advise....

Thanks!

Old 01-14-2010 | 02:10 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

I just put 18x3.5 on front and rear of my 06 using a 1/2 " pulley spacer. It bolted up w/o modification.

Old 01-14-2010 | 02:27 PM
SUUIE
Road Master

Did you go with Avon's Gangsters?

Old 01-14-2010 | 05:26 PM
Rockyriver
Road Master

Since your bike is similar to mine , I can't wait to see the fat spokes and 21's on the front, not to mention the rear fat spokes.
From what I hear your stock spacers will work with the hubs on the DNA's. I guess your rear pulley is stock width?
Post pictures when you get them on. I am going to get the tapered or domed from spacers from Harley when I get my DNA's fat spokes from http://www.outlawcycleproducts.com/, they seem to have the best price online.
Is this your supplier?

Old 01-14-2010 | 07:11 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

I needed new spacers with my DNA up front. And i believe my hub is the same as the fat daddy's. I actually was seriously thinken of getting new wheels a while ago but got air-ride instead. Anyways when i was talking to a DNA rep he told me that i would need new spacers to fit them to my bike. Good Luck.

Old 01-14-2010 | 07:16 PM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member

i'm curious about the 21x3.5 put one on my buddies(pauchco) and the damn wheel set 1/4" to far right if you were on the bike. Going to grind down the brake caliper to get it over.

Old 01-14-2010 | 09:16 PM
stratplexi
|
Grand HDF Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am hopeful they will bolt right up but who knows. If they require new spacers I will not be happy. I already have the chrome Harley spacers for the front that I put on when I changes the front brake rotor to a mesh spoke. I was planning on buying the Harley chrome domed spacers for the rear but I guess I will wait to make sure of what I need. Where is the best place to buy various spacer sizes if necessary?

SUUIE, I did not go with the gangster Avons. I simply prefer the standard WWW. I did up the size of the rear to a 150. Hard to believe Harley puts a puny 140 on the back of these new.

Rockyriver, the aftermarket pulleys generally require a spacer. The mesh spoked pulley I have now I had to use a 9/16 inch spacer. For the DNA pulleys I am told it takes a half inch but I will measure it to make sure when installing.

Old 01-14-2010 | 10:37 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by stratplexi
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am hopeful they will bolt right up but who knows. If they require new spacers I will not be happy. I already have the chrome Harley spacers for the front that I put on when I changes the front brake rotor to a mesh spoke. I was planning on buying the Harley chrome domed spacers for the rear but I guess I will wait to make sure of what I need. Where is the best place to buy various spacer sizes if necessary?

SUUIE, I did not go with the gangster Avons. I simply prefer the standard WWW. I did up the size of the rear to a 150. Hard to believe Harley puts a puny 140 on the back of these new.

Rockyriver, the aftermarket pulleys generally require a spacer. The mesh spoked pulley I have now I had to use a 9/16 inch spacer. For the DNA pulleys I am told it takes a half inch but I will measure it to make sure when installing.
I went with the 1/2" as mentioned above. I went back and forth between 1/2" or 9/16" (w/o measuring) and the pulley and rotors I bought on ebay came with the 1/2" spacer so I gave it a shot and luckily it lined up great.

Old 01-15-2010 | 12:07 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

A few of or customers bikes have these wheels and they bolted right up. If you keep the stock pulley supposedly you do not need a pulley spacer. We are also now a DNA dealer and working on some Mammoth spoke, rotors and pulley deals specials for forum members.

Old 01-15-2010 | 06:48 AM
Mike NY
Road Master

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
A few of or customers bikes have these wheels and they bolted right up. If you keep the stock pulley supposedly you do not need a pulley spacer. We are also now a DNA dealer and working on some Mammoth spoke, rotors and pulley deals specials for forum members.
Well, hurry up with the Deal !, Winter is coming to an end.... I've been going back and forth whether to change my wheels to DNA's. Too many hororr stories so far with fitment.

Mike
NY

Quick Reply: DNA Mamoth Spokes