Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review: Warm N Safe Heated Gloves made by Firstgear

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 04:00 PM
dusty2221
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Review: Warm N Safe Heated Gloves made by Firstgear

I just wanted to share with my fellow Softail riders about the Warm N Safe Heated Glove that Firstgear makes. Take this review for what it is worth as I have no experience with any other brand of heated glove.

I got the gloves for Christmas with the dual portable controller so if I eventually get the jacket liner I won't need another controller. This morning was finally the test ride. My commute to work is 45 miles of pure highway. It takes me about 4 minutes to get from my house to the highway, and by the time I got on, my fingers were already toasty warm. This morning was a nice cool 32 degrees when I left, and according to weather.com with the wind it felt like 28.

These gloves are amazing. They are windproof, waterproof, and just awesome. About 20 miles into my ride I had to turn them down because my knuckles started to get hot. The gloves themselves are extremely comfortable, and you can not feel any wires running through them. I tested them out at lunch, which by then it was right above 40, and I used them just as gloves, not plugged in. These baby's were great then too. I highly recommend these gloves as a great heated glove.

Installation of the portion that hooks to the battery is a breeze. Literally, pull the seat, hook up the pigtail to the battery, route the input where ever you want it. I have it right above the oil tank between the frame, but I believer I am going to move the plug to come out in front of the seat and use a small piece of velcro on the center console for the controller. I had it in my pocket this morning which worked fine, but I did not like the bulk of the wires in there and it made it difficult to adjust the temperature.

Here's a quick pic.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:12 PM
el ricky
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been thinking about some heated gloves for some time now, but just can't get around to deciding what to get. These ones you are talking about sound like really great gloves. What did they cost? And where can I get a pair? If you don't mind the questions.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,599 Likes on 2,722 Posts

Interesting. I'll have to look/compare with Gerbing.

Question: I have the HD batter tender with the pigtail under my seat - will it connect to that? Would like not to have to connect an additional pigtail....

Old 01-13-2010, 04:18 PM
dusty2221
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine were ordered from cycle gear, but I found a website that discounts to forum members here. It is http://shop.techncyclegear.com/Warm-...E.qscstrfrnt01

They offer 10% off for forum members, email them for details though as I don;t remember the coupon code they told me to use.

Also, if you go to Warmnsafe.com you can see the different battery harness options you can use, I do believe they offer one that will plug into what you already have.

Check it out.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:16 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Heated gear is a must for me, it added 2 months of riding to my short canadian riding season , I use tourmaster jacket (the best I believe) , gerbing G3 gloves (much better than tourmaster) , and tourmaster pant liners, I can ride and have fun until it is around 32 then my toes and the open face helmet are an issue

Old 01-14-2010, 08:19 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i got the heated liners and then the cheap gloves to go over them, also use a built in heater control, gerbing

Attached Thumbnails Review: Warm N Safe Heated Gloves made by Firstgear-heater-control.jpg