Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy or Heritage - which to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 03:19 PM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I went with the Fatboy love the way it rides also can add bags and a backrest and still be lower priced than the Heritage

Old 01-11-2010, 07:01 PM
CaptainCHet
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the photo below says it all on this topic!

Old 01-11-2010, 07:51 PM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainCHet
Well, the photo below says it all on this topic!
My phote says it all also

Old 01-11-2010, 09:13 PM
TheCanuck
Novice

I say get both. I have always loved them both but was just given an awesome deal on the Fatboy so guess that means that the heritage will be in the garage for the 110th anniversary.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:35 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Both are great bikes and can't go wrong with either. I like them both but if you're looking for a nice long range bike with bags and windshield without having to spend extra money, the Heritage is the way to go.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:27 PM
newdep332
Tourer

I had a 09 Heritage and absolutely loved it! Too many good things about it to list now the least of which is the great ride, however; I was always wanting to take the touring stuff off and mix and match the look.

I would have kept that bike until I seen the CVO Softail Convertible I knew as soon as I seen it that was what I was looking for. It has all the mods that I wanted to do and then some.

Don't know you but.... if you can swing it I would take a look at it. I call it my Fat-Heritage!

Old 01-12-2010, 06:26 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

both great bikes, can't go wrong either way. depends on what Ur needs are.
I went with Heritage cause it comes with shield, bags, and backrest.. saved in long run, and I like the chrome spots..
I know the 200 tire looks good on the rear (Fatty), but so far the mileage isn't very good on them so it needs to be replaced more than the 150(heritage)....

Old 01-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Man In Black
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2010 Heritage Classic

I went with the 2010 Heritage Classic because I always regreted that I was born too late to have a brand new dresser back in the fiftys. It's like being able to relive those times now. Thats why they call it the Heritage Classic . I love this bike and wouldn't ever go back to anything else.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:13 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

Which one makes your heart jump? Both bikes can serve you well for any kind of riding. The Fatty can be set up with detachable bags, windshield, and a detachable sissybar with luggage rack and would tour just as good as the Heritage. The Heritage bags and sissy bar could be made detachable and the bike could be stripped down for local cruising. To me, it comes down to which styling you prefer. The Heritage is a throwback to the FL touring bikes of the 50s. The Fatty is a more modern muscle look. I owned a Heritage and it was perhaps the best all around bike I have owned out of 6 Harleys. But, I have always admired the cleaner look of the Fatty. Now I have a Softail Deluxe and it is close to a stripped down Heritage.

Best of luck. You can't go wrong with either choice.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:29 AM
reddog8145
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought the Fattie because i like the stripped down look, I have soft lugage from my previous Harley so having a back rest and lugage rack of my choice thrown in for free ( I chose the detachable type ),was perfect for me, I usualy carry a day bag for work or extra clothing and have made a detachale shoulder strap for the bag so it's just like a sports bag, works for me. The Heritage is a nice bike but a bit much for me, its down to what you need or want realy.

Reddog UK

Quick Reply: Fatboy or Heritage - which to buy?