Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I wanna buy a wrecked bike.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 07:51 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra-Rick
Now here's a project bike, check out this one http://www.clevelandcycle.com/Pictur...cfm?vin=084har

$2495.00...are they on crack

Old 01-10-2010, 07:58 PM
flyscoal77
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley_Dude
2006 Softail $4900 with bent frame, FFS.

http://www.erepairables.com/vehicle_...n_softail.html

Prices on some bikes I have seen on ebay are cheaper than some of those salvage bikes.

3-4 weeks ago saw a 1999 FXSTC 5100 miles, 35K total invested with $7k of the ugliest paint you ever saw. Brought $5600. $5 rattle can and you have a sweet ride for $5605.

Last week 1999 FXSTC Lot of extras, 49K miles sold for $4400.

Get a cream puff and then customize it. STAY AWAY from the salvage title, drops the value in half (doesn't matter if you never sell it). If you can afford the insurance on a chopper just get an aftermarket frame ($500-750) and a new Stock evo from HD ($2500), 6 speed trannies are about $600, Primarys $400. Used evos are $1000+ and TC 88s are $1500+.

Lots of options out there and they're giving it away.
I have purchased a few salvage harleys and repaired and sold them. A title is a piece of paper and one that is salvage does not drop the price 50% trust me.

The bikes I picked up had light damage and bent forks. Easy fix and absolutely no frame damage. Actually much cleaner than a clean title bike because I put on new paint sets and parts.

Some salvaged bikes are far gone others are cosmetic. Just need to make sure you get the latter. And if you thing you are going to get a well repaired salvage at 50% off you are having wet dream!

Old 01-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL.... Man I did not know I was openning a can of worms this big.

I am down and out since I was hit on my bike back in June. I just want something to work on while I am still off work with my leg still healing. I do not want to screw anyone or try to fool somebody into thinking the bike is something it is not. I just want to work on a bike!

So, if anyone finds or knows of a bike that needs some work that is in fixable condition, please let me know.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:26 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nothing wrong with buying and selling a wrecked bike if you are honest about it. I work (laid off for the next few months) at the PDI/collision center for a local dealership and have seen bikes repaired that should have been replaced and seen more than a few that were totalled out when they were easily fixable. It's 100% up to the insurance company. Also don't assume that just because a bike has a clear title that it hasn't been wrecked. I have seen more than one get totalled out by the insurance company and end up with a clear title because the ins co never bothered to report it. I bought my FXD from the dealership (they had bought it from the ins co and then decided they didn't want to fix it) and repaired it. I would trust it as much as I would any brand new bike from the factory because I did all the work and replaced everything that needed to be replaced. Have already taken it on several long rides and let a friend of mine use it for a 120 mile poker run and it hasn't had any problems at all. Funny part is that I bought it to fix and sell and make a few bucks during the down season but now I like it too damn much and will probably end up keeping it.

Attached Thumbnails I wanna buy a wrecked bike.....-after.jpg