Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Le Pera Barebones

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 07:12 PM
o/d
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

poor picture, but hopefully you get the idea.

measures 13 1/4" @ the widest point.

appologize for the large pic. not sure how to do the thumbnail.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:26 PM
bgibbster
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by o/d

poor picture, but hopefully you get the idea.

measures 13 1/4" @ the widest point.

appologize for the large pic. not sure how to do the thumbnail.
Thanks o/d!!!
Yea I guess it not only going to be to narrow, but won't mount to my bike either. I was really hoping it would fit.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:03 PM
levinale
Advanced

apologies if i'm being thick... can anyone explain how the fender-mounted BBones mounts to the 07 heritage? I've got a 2-bolt bracket where the stock seat's mounting plate attaches. Do I need to remove that bracket all together or does the seat go on top of those bolts? Can someone comment on how easy is it to switch between the stock seat and BBones?

Old 01-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Heritage632
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by levinale
apologies if i'm being thick... can anyone explain how the fender-mounted BBones mounts to the 07 heritage? I've got a 2-bolt bracket where the stock seat's mounting plate attaches. Do I need to remove that bracket all together or does the seat go on top of those bolts? Can someone comment on how easy is it to switch between the stock seat and BBones?
Not sure but do you mean that your BB seat attaches to the frame where those plugs were? I was gonna order a Lepera and they told me it would attach to my frame. You can see the holes in the pic in the above post. If so, you need to remove the whole OEM bracket and bolts. (If not, ignore my entire post...lol) I have an 07 Heritage and I had to remove those rear bolts that hold the driver seat on cause they sent me a Mustang seat that attaches to the frame and doesn't use the OEM equipment. I actually like it better as the seat fits real nice and secure. I like the frame attachment much better.

Just drop everything through the fender. Hope this helps you.

Steve

Last edited by Heritage632; 01-08-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:49 PM
aggro_jo
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

strut design changed in 08. the bare bones that will bolt to your bike is an LXE-007. as that seat is made to fender mount, i'm not sure it would work with out a bit of fab.

Last edited by aggro_jo; 01-08-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:31 AM
Heritage632
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I didn't know it changed in 08 again! I can't keep up!

Old 01-09-2010, 10:05 AM
levinale
Advanced

Originally Posted by Heritage632
Not sure but do you mean that your BB seat attaches to the frame where those plugs were? I was gonna order a Lepera and they told me it would attach to my frame. You can see the holes in the pic in the above post. If so, you need to remove the whole OEM bracket and bolts. (If not, ignore my entire post...lol) I have an 07 Heritage and I had to remove those rear bolts that hold the driver seat on cause they sent me a Mustang seat that attaches to the frame and doesn't use the OEM equipment. I actually like it better as the seat fits real nice and secure. I like the frame attachment much better.

Just drop everything through the fender. Hope this helps you.

Steve
My understanding was that the newer BB seats mount to the fender rather than the frame. Can someone confirm? And if they do mount to the fender, then how do they get secured? That's what I'm confused about

Old 01-12-2010, 09:01 PM
levinale
Advanced

anyone?

Old 01-12-2010, 09:34 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes thats right... Mine is a 05 and it bolts to the frame... Not sure about the newer ones though. I think they bolt up with a thumb screw at the rear of the seat... Heres a link you can check for yourself...

http://www.lepera.com/

Old 01-12-2010, 09:34 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by levinale
anyone?
Both styles are still available. Email LePera and tell them what bike you have and they'll tell you what model to get, and how it mounts.

I've got an email from them explaining the differences, but it's on my home computer.

Quick Reply: Le Pera Barebones