Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two up on Night Train...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010 | 09:35 AM
MGN54
|
Tourer
Question Two up on Night Train...?

Been looking around....originally looking for something my wife and I could do some two up day trips on. My son is in college and we now have time to enjoy trips of this nature. My wife has not done hardly any two up riding with me over the years but has recently expressed a lot of interest in doing so and I'm excited about that. I'm guessing the longest trip we would be looking at would be 200 miles round trip, maybe. I would like to get a Road King but pocketbook is limiting that possibility. I have come across a very nice pre-owned Night Train. Has the stock badlander seat on it which I know would not cut it but....

My question is.... How many ride two up on your Night Train and what seat are you using for that purpose? I know it's important to keep momma comfortable but don't want to rule out what could possibly be a great buy on this NT.

Thanks!

Old 01-06-2010 | 09:40 AM
ScReaMnEagLE22
Road Master

Its defitnetly possible as the NT is not different than any other Soft Tail when it comes to that. As for the seat, Harley makes so many different seat that would fit your riding style. Lots of the Night Train guys here have gone with solo seats but I'm sure some can advise as to what 2up seats are better. You'll love the train !! good luck

Old 01-06-2010 | 09:40 AM
sBender
Tourer

As you said, you're def gonna need a seat. My wife rides with me some on my NT. I'm 6'1" 230, she's 5'8" 160 and it's not the ideal ride but it's all we've got at the moment until I get the FL rebuilt. She refuses to do long trips on it which I'm gonna try to remedy this spring with a nice 2 up seat but I'm not sure it will work. It's just not as comfy for her as a dresser and I don't want to put gobs of $$ into it to make it a touring ride because that's not what I got it for. I, on the other hand, think it's fantastic, less the drag bars.

Old 01-06-2010 | 09:42 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

I know this isn't a Night Train - but I used to ride 2 up on a Fat Boy with a Standard seat (looks like a Sundowner). no problems. the EX says she was comfortable back there. I did have a small backrest, more for her security than anything else. we never went cross country - just day rides.

if you want her to continue riding with you, make sure she's comfy.

Old 01-06-2010 | 12:03 PM
MGN54
|
Tourer

Thanks for the replies! So, it sounds like this is doable with the correct seat. Basically one softail is no different than another in the frame department...just rake, and such, right? Can I assume if we go sit on a Heritage Softail with two up seat, we could get that same feeling with similar seat on the Night Train?

Old 01-06-2010 | 12:54 PM
niterider985
Tourer

I put a lot of miles on my stock seat because I liked the way it looks and let me tell ya it ain't nothing nice. Momma wouldn't ride so got a Mustang Vintage, Momma likes it a lot and I think it feels like a Lazyboy chair. Well as things go she had major sergery for cancer so won't be riding for a while.Got me a Danny Grey Buttcrack solo at first didn't like now im diggin it.

Old 01-06-2010 | 02:18 PM
FreakO'Nature
Cruiser

Sorry-no pics. However I own an '09 Night Train too. I didn't think the wife would want to ride 2-up either, but she expressed an interest in it. When reading the "Old
Night Train" thread there were a couple of guys that got the Sundowner seat that
HD makes-said there were happy with it. Got one for my wife and she loves it. Now after a season of riding she has expressed an interest in getting her own bike. WooHoo the best of both worlds!

Old 01-06-2010 | 04:26 PM
MGN54
|
Tourer

Thanks for the pics of the Mustang seat niterider985. Looks like that might work. BTW, here's wishing your wife the best on her recovery!

Anyone have a good pic of the Sundowner on their Night Train? Seen that seat on a sporty but would like to see it on the NT.

I know this seat issue could be a deal maker or breaker. Don't want to discover the later after buying the bike!

Old 01-06-2010 | 05:07 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member

I ride my girl with the Badlander and she does bitch a little at the end of the day, just have to stop every so often and let her strech out a little, I've told her thats the best you get on this bike, if you want mor comfort then time for another bike and keep this one. Her choice

Old 01-06-2010 | 05:08 PM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master

I have similar seat on my Deuce. Similar riding postion and seat as the Nightrain. Not the best for 2 up. If I were to ride 2 up alot I would look at a different bike. My $.02

Quick Reply: Two up on Night Train...?