Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kuryakyn curved laydown plate

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 03:01 PM
blown alcohol
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts
Default kuryakyn curved laydown plate

I have been searching for the custom chrome part# 14205 curved laydown plate with no luck. Emailed zanotti, and said CCI does not have a release date for next shipment of the 14205.

I have found the kuryakyn curved laydown. Has anyone purchased the kuryakyn laydown plate? How is the quality and fit? I know it list about $20 more than the CCI plate.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:04 PM
05 DELUXE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: kuryakyn curved laydown plate

i PMed you

Old 07-18-2006, 03:08 PM
gconklin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh come on now, don't hold back from us!

Old 07-18-2006, 08:18 PM
billvaughn
Tourer

I put one on my Wife's Screaming Eagle Fatboy and it looks great!!! It looks so much better than the one that I have on my deluxe. I would buy one for my deluxe but it won't fit with the tombstone light.....

Old 07-18-2006, 09:08 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have one on my Fatboy, it looks great. Be careful when screwing in the bolts, if you go too tight you will chip the chrome. Overall quality is good. Definately worth the cash.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:40 PM
cybdet
Cruiser

Ok. Add me to the list of broken/lost curved frames. I bought it in November from M&M even before any dealer took delivery. I saw the prototype at Americade 2006 at the Kuryakyn vendor booth.

My curved frame had been mounted on the bike for several months with no problems. I saw this post and did not believe that there was a inherent issue with the design of the frame itself. Not so, last week I took a road trip to the Tail of the Dragon. While I was there I noticed that the left side cracked where the plate frame is held with a screw. I wish that I could have removed the frame altogether, but that would leave me without a license plate displayed. I thought that I securely tied the frame to the signal lense bracket. I traveled back home and found that not only did the other side of the frame crack but in the course of traveling (Highway) the entire frame broke loose and was lost (plate included).

I immediately called KuryAkyn (Business hours) and got a voice recording asking to leave me name and number, which I did. That was two days ago and I haven't heard a word from them yet. Since they are closed for the weekend I will have to contact them on Monday.

If so many are having an issue with their curved frame why has KuryAkyn not issued a recall or notified their dealers of the flaw in their design of the curved frame?

I hope they will replace my lost frame. Has anyone had experience with KuryAkyn on on replacing a frame that was lost due to product failure?

Not to mention dealing with NY DMV to get my personalized plate replaced.........