Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage Springers

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 01:17 PM
Skip
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heritage Springers

I ride a 2002 Heritage Springer that has a Memphis Slim windshield (thats the narrow one) that is about 15 inches high. I am 6'4" ( maybe shorter now that I am old) and get a lot of wind buffeting at speed. I am thinking of going to a Memphis Fats windshield since they come with a higher profile. Anyone have any experience/comments/knowledge regarding this???

Old 07-20-2006, 03:18 AM
Scurvy Jack
Tourer
Default RE: Heritage Springers

What kind of buffeting and from where? You will still get a lot of wind from down around your knees and some from the sides. I expect that a narrow shield will have more side wind than a wider shield. I have the stock H-D king size shield that I cut down 2 inches. It protects and the wind goes up and over by about 4 inches above my helmet. This is enough that it doesn't hit the wife either. I also run 16 inch bars that put my hands and arms outside the shield but it doesn't seem to make any difference. (I'm 6'3")

Old 07-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Skip
Road Captain
Default RE: Heritage Springers

Scurvy Jack - I get buffeting on the helmet in the area of my forehead. I think that my windshield is too short. I don't mind the side wind or the wind that comes up below. Can you tell my the following:

1. Are you sitting on the stock H-D seat?
2. What is the width of your windshield?
3. What is the height of the windsheild when measured from where it goes over the headlight?

Thanks