Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detachable bag hardware

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 08:12 PM
tnhd06
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detachable bag hardware

I've looked at some threads on this site and have looked at four different detachable hardware kit.. Edge(easy)...Ghost...bubba's and barebacks. I don't want to modifiy my bags ( Drill hole in them or cut something off).So I think my only option is the barebacks. I'm not sure what bubba's does with the bottom support strut to the foot peg. Does anyone have these? Every thing I've read said the ghost and edge(easy) don't use this lower support. Any help (pics) on this would be great! I'm putting these on my 06 heritage.

Attached Thumbnails Detachable bag hardware-img_0046small.jpg  
Old 01-02-2010, 08:31 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default EZ Brackets Here!

Siimple setup & looks nice as well IMHO. Lotsa good setups though. I got over drilling holes in things when I installed the "Cowboy Lights" on my truck. After drilling 18 holes in the roof of my Dodge, it seemed pretty harmless drilling out some pop-rivets & the mounting holes for the brackets. JMHO & from what I've seen of the Barebacks, they are a fine setup!

Old 01-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tnhd06
I've looked at some threads on this site and have looked at four different detachable hardware kit.. Edge(easy)...Ghost...bubba's and barebacks. I don't want to modifiy my bags ( Drill hole in them or cut something off).So I think my only option is the barebacks. I'm not sure what bubba's does with the bottom support strut to the foot peg. Does anyone have these? Every thing I've read said the ghost and edge(easy) don't use this lower support. Any help (pics) on this would be great! I'm putting these on my 06 heritage.
I bought the Bubba kit a couple of years ago. Drilled holes in the back of my bags, installed the hardware, yadayadaya... also intalled their detachable backrest kit at the same time. Long story short, I ended up removing the detachable bag kit. IMO the bolts they use were too small in diameter to give it a nice sturdy setup and installation and removal wasn't all that easy. I ended up mounting my bags permanently. Based on my experience Bubba was too much money for what you got. The removable backrest however is great because the docking hardware is low profiles compared to the HD setup.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,599 Likes on 2,722 Posts
Default Barebacks for me

I didnt want to drill holes in my bags or lose the frame support.

Pro's: Doesn't add as much distance from the frame as Easy Brackets (but enough to put the touring bar on for the rear turn indicators), no drilling bags

Con: cotter pin attachment to the frame doesn't look so hot.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:53 PM
tnhd06
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for your input. Still pondering these kits over.....maybe the barebacks.