Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my new Crossbones Delivered!! PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010 | 02:21 PM
url8
Road Master

Congrats Skipper, beautiful bike....Ride safe!!!

Old 01-02-2010 | 02:23 PM
Nightking
Banned

Nice bike Skip. Glad you got what you want. Those are very cool bikes.

Old 01-02-2010 | 02:27 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior

Congrats, enjoy it, it's a great bike.

Old 01-02-2010 | 02:38 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

Congrats on the ride. I am still out of town so I have not gotten back to you regarding the air suspension pro's and cons and pricing but will as soon as I get back. Quickly, I find the Platinum air suspension better as it is two separate shocks as is the stock setup. It is designed this way to not overstress any parts of the bike whereas a one piece system acts a stressed member and puts more stress on the swing arm bushings. Not to mention if you want to change the transmission oil with a shotgun shock you have to drop it to get to the tranny drain plug. My other point of contention with shotgun shock is that if you watch the videos on their site where they are demonstrating the way that it works it does not appear to function well. He is pushing down on the bike but it is definitely not right. My thought are that either he doesn't care how it looks in the videos or that it does not work as well as the platinum as this is the guy who invented this design meaning it should work properly. I have not ridden a bike with a shotgun so have no first hand experience but my Platinum does not have that issue. As far as my pricing I have to get home to my price list to quote you a price and will asap. As far as apes go for your bike, how tall do you want? If you want 16"'s or taller I say get some Wild One's or Carlini Gangster or Flying apes. If you want a bit shorter I vote for the Roland Sands Vintage bars that are 12" tall. Sweet looking ride for sure. I'd be out there breaking it in a s we speak. But of course it is 75* here today and sunny.

Old 01-02-2010 | 02:54 PM
skipper469
|
Road Warrior

Thanks everyone! I was creeping on the Softtail forum when I had my Street Bob, and was just drooling over all of the sweet rides! It's good to be part of the family now. I have a ton of mods in the works, so I'll continue posting pics as she comes along. Thanks for the help and support!

Old 01-02-2010 | 03:12 PM
airforcefatboy
Novice

Man that thing is sweet! I really like the x-bones! I would have one if the fatty wasn't better.

Old 01-02-2010 | 03:14 PM
CSRflstc
Tourer

Congrats! I can't wait to see it with the wheels!

Where is Louisville, TN? Temps have been in the teens and 20's over here on the northwest side.

Old 01-02-2010 | 03:20 PM
snook592
Club Member

Dude you will luv the XBONZ. It is looking good already, keep the pics of the mods coming.

Old 01-02-2010 | 03:24 PM
PLHbrian
Cruiser

Congrats on the crossbones! Really like the RSD pipes and air filter on it.

Old 01-02-2010 | 03:44 PM
murlsquirl
Road Captain

Damn man, that's a good start. Go with the RSD Vintage bars to keep the theme. The bars look perfect on those bikes. I am putting the short stacks on the Train soon.

Quick Reply: Got my new Crossbones Delivered!! PICS!!!