Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need cheep horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 02:54 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,935 Posts

Get an open air cleaner setup that eliminates the air box and a good Dyno and that thing will be a whole new bike. You definitely have sert or sest. I recommend asking around here for a COMPETENT Dyno tuner in your area before laying down the cash.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Greasemonkey1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super tuner

so does the screamin eagle pro super tuner that i have, does it make it run better, or does it give me more horse, or does it only help me better manage my future add ons to the motor, guess im still a bit confused, with the tune job i get, will it make my bike run better just because of the pro super tuner i had put on, or do i still need other stuff?

Old 01-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Jay... check your email

Old 01-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

so does the screamin eagle pro super tuner that i have, does it make it run better, or does it give me more horse, or does it only help me better manage my future add ons to the motor, guess im still a bit confused, with the tune job i get, will it make my bike run better just because of the pro super tuner i had put on, or do i still need other stuff?

It gives the tuner the ability to dial in your bike in a very accurate and precise way.

It don't add power, it gives the tuner the ability to squeeze all available power out of the bike.

He can dial in timing as well as AFR in each cylinder seperately, in any given throttle position, at any given RPM. It's not a job for the inexperienced. This is why so many here have mentioned getting a tuner with a reputation.
I don't know where you are from, but I have a guy in my area that people rave about. Dude works magic with his abilities to tune a bike. Beecher Illinois, not far south of Chicago.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Greasemonkey1
Cruiser
Default pro super tuner

Mr. Wizard, i replied to your e-mail, and again thanx for your help, and as for where im located, im about an hour south of st. louis here in missouri, and i bought my bike from a dealer that is well known in the st. louis area for being terrible to work with and a joke, unfortunately i didnt realize this until i had bought the bike and had the work done, and then they scratched my paint, but yea, i definatly need to find someone that has a great reputation to dyno tune my bike, just not sure how

Old 01-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Greasemonkey1
Cruiser

correct me if im wrong, but it sounds to me that i will gain small to good h/p just by getting my bike tuned and dynoed, without having to install much at this point, just maximize what i already have

Old 01-02-2010, 04:22 PM
conroskie
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schumacher
any studs on leather are worth 1hp each
Yep i'm up to 200 horse...

Old 01-02-2010, 04:26 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Yes. Granted, you do have a high performance high flow air cleaner installed.

To be certain of exactly what you do have, you may want to share the part numbers of everything they installed for you. Including any line item that may say "tune", canned map, flash download or something like that...

Old 01-02-2010, 04:26 PM
babysuge
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

horsepower doesnt come cheap i went down this road about the same time last year. 3000 later horsepower and still looking for more. first find out what kinda horsepower you are looking for and then go from there. And make sure you have a good tuner thats the key. but if you want to be apart of the 100 + plus club its going to cost. plus you get cool patches and bragging rights.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Greasemonkey1
correct me if im wrong, but it sounds to me that i will gain small to good h/p just by getting my bike tuned and dynoed, without having to install much at this point, just maximize what i already have
Correct. But you also gain some ridability.

A good tuner is not just looking for extra ponies at wide open throttle.
He is also tuning in lower ranges where you spend a lot of time at.
A dyno with a brake on it gives him the ability to recreate road conditions and tune your bike under load, often ending up with a well mannered bike that just rides nicer. Fuel efficiency often comes with that.

Before you spend the money on the tune, I'd make sure that I was content with the pipes I had on there, because changing the pipes later might require some "touch ups" to the tune.

Quick Reply: Need cheep horsepower