Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Love the fatboy hate the HD logo

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Nick1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Love the fatboy hate the HD logo

Man I love the 09 fatboy but I just hate the HD logo and paint job on fuel tank and front fender. Anyone else feel this way? It's the perfect bike for me and dealer has a few more 09s left and can get a great deal on it. This will be my first harley and I want it to be perfect, but can't get past that paint. Has anyone had their fuel tank and fender painted and how much should I expect to spend for just a vivid black finish? Am I being an idiot or would this be a deal breaker for you. Also, I looked at used and their aren't a lot of late model fatboys in area. Thanks for input.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:03 AM
eagle56
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must admit I dont like the graphics on the front fender. FB 08 pewter pearl

Old 12-30-2009, 09:18 AM
SalsaNChips
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear you. Matter of opinion of course, but I personally couldn't stand the factory HD logo on my bike when I bought it back in June. So I had it repainted with flames and a traditional bar/shield HD logo on the tank. Much better

I sourced a local painter, negotiated a price and did the R&R on the tank and fenders myself. Total cost was $903.00.

I wouldn't let the paint put you off buying what is an otherwise perfect bike for you. Just factor in the cost and trouble of repainting and make it your first mod when you get the bike.

Last edited by SalsaNChips; 12-30-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:31 AM
italfatboy
Cruiser

Didn't like it in the beginning, but it's sorta growing on me now. I like it.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Thumbs up

nothing wrong with it i like it......my 2010 fatboy lo vivid black just right no pinstripe or grahics just right with the satin logo harley got it right

Old 12-30-2009, 09:56 AM
ski917
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a 07 Fatboy and with you .. I HATE IT.. I love the pearl would love to wipe the blue stripe right off of the tank and fenders ! ! !

Old 12-30-2009, 10:02 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

I dislike the paint on the 07 and up fatboy's but I might be swayed a bit if I had one. Like stated above, make the paint your first mod. Find a painter and get some prices. I think it really depends on the paint job you want how much it will cost. If you find a local painter it will be less as you can save on shipping.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:08 AM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm with ya! IMO the newer style logo and graphics look to metric. The "Harley-Davidson" letters got bigger on the 09 models. I think they got it right with the new FatBoy Lo logo, should have stuck with original logo and be done with it. I will eventually have my front fender painted, sans the graphic and in time the rest of the tins.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:11 AM
Maimas
Road Warrior

Same here... As for what to expect for a paint job, that all depends on what you want... Good start point, $2000

Old 12-30-2009, 10:41 AM
FL DEUCE
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick1
Man I love the 09 fatboy but I just hate the HD logo and paint job on fuel tank and front fender. Anyone else feel this way? It's the perfect bike for me and dealer has a few more 09s left and can get a great deal on it. This will be my first harley and I want it to be perfect, but can't get past that paint. Has anyone had their fuel tank and fender painted and how much should I expect to spend for just a vivid black finish? Am I being an idiot or would this be a deal breaker for you. Also, I looked at used and their aren't a lot of late model fatboys in area. Thanks for input.
You might want to contact Attitude Custom Paint outta Tampa Bay FL. They sometimes have a sale going on. I think a 0ne color paint job when on sale is $995. I had mine done for $1200.

Last edited by FL DEUCE; 12-30-2009 at 10:42 AM. Reason: sp

Quick Reply: Love the fatboy hate the HD logo