Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advise!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009 | 10:11 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

So......Options
A) Night Train: and buy a springer front and apes.
B) Xbones: 21" front wheel, forward control set.
C) FXSTS: lots of blacking out, apes.

Old 12-28-2009 | 11:10 AM
mike06train
Road Captain

I think from a money stand point. the X-Bones is your best bet if your set on a springer front end. You can't go wrong with any of the bikes you have on your list. Your going to spend more then you think anyway. Once you start, new ideas will come to you. It's kind of like a crack addiction.

Old 12-28-2009 | 12:40 PM
Smokey Burnouts
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mike06train
I think from a money stand point. the X-Bones is your best bet if your set on a springer front end. You can't go wrong with any of the bikes you have on your list. Your going to spend more then you think anyway. Once you start, new ideas will come to you. It's kind of like a crack addiction.

I totally agree!! But im just tryin to keep start up cost low.... well lower...... ok maybe its not gonna be so low!!!

Old 12-28-2009 | 04:57 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by WARG
You could buy a used Bad Boy for probably under 10K. I've seen them for 8-9K. Lots of great deals out there right now.
Best way, if you don't get what you want you will still want it.

Old 12-28-2009 | 05:08 PM
Smokey Burnouts
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Dixie Dreg
Best way, if you don't get what you want you will still want it.

Ya but i want a bigger motor!! and i like the 200mm tires on the newer bikes. But thats why i cant make a decision, every bike has pros and cons!!

Old 12-28-2009 | 05:08 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Smokey Burnouts
Ive looked into that, but kinda want the 88 or 96! Dont know why othere than me just bein hard headed!!
If you want a bigger engine, and also keep the cost low, buy a BadBoy for half the cost of any of the bikes you listed, and do a bigger build with the extra money. You'll probably come out even, or maybe a little ahead.

Either way you'll have the real deal. BadBoys are badass.

Old 12-28-2009 | 06:01 PM
Smokey Burnouts
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ElSupremo
If you want a bigger engine, and also keep the cost low, buy a BadBoy for half the cost of any of the bikes you listed, and do a bigger build with the extra money. You'll probably come out even, or maybe a little ahead.

Either way you'll have the real deal. BadBoys are badass.
I just did a quick look, 4 BadBoys (3 cycle trader, 1 ebay) cheapest is $10,500. I totally see where ur commin from but think i will cost me bout the same buy time i buy a motor ($3k-$6K, right?)

Old 12-28-2009 | 06:22 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Smokey Burnouts
I just did a quick look, 4 BadBoys (3 cycle trader, 1 ebay) cheapest is $10,500. I totally see where ur commin from but think i will cost me bout the same buy time i buy a motor ($3k-$6K, right?)
I'm talking about jugs and pistons, plus cams. That wouldn't be too much. Not sure of the cost of getting it stroked. Someone else could chime in on that.

I've seen a few BadBoys listed on CL up here for as low as $7500. Unless you're in a hurry (and we always are when bike shopping) be patient and you'll find a killer deal.

Old 12-28-2009 | 08:40 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior

I vote for getting the original bad boy too. Of bikes made in the last 25 years, it is one of the few that could be considered a classic and that means its value isn't going in the toilet like every other bike. If I could trade my Train for a bad boy in excellent condition I wouldn't think twice. It will never happen, a clean 1997 bad boy would already be worth more than my 2007 NT! I know we buy them to ride and not as investments, but it sure is better when they are both.

Last edited by deadeye; 12-28-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-05-2011 | 09:02 PM
drew7712
Advanced

Originally Posted by twisted125
Well. you mention blacking out. The FXSTS would have the front end that you want and is a great looking bike, but then you would have a lot of blacking out to do. The X bones is a nice bike too. Not so much my cup of tea, but it covers the springer and black aspects. However, the Train is a Sick bike. They stopped production, so you would be looking at gently used, or dealer left overs. Probably the most cost effective model from these listed, and is already blacked out. It has the 21" front and a 200 rear. I would say go for the train, ride it, love it, and get the springer front end you want when you can. You could then sell your old front end and make some of the money back. My 2 cents, go with the train.
I have an 03 train i put a mid usa springer on it by the time i was done i was around $2200 canadian you need the front end 600 then you need the risers for a springer the minni apes then you need to get a caliper bracket a caliper a spacer kit new brake line for the caliper depending on the size of apes you go with and fender brackets brackets for your turn signals and a head light bracket. I think that was it. hope that helps but it looks killer when its on there oh and some patience to figure out the kinks.

Attached Thumbnails Need Advise!!-new-053.jpg   Need Advise!!-new-055.jpg  

Quick Reply: Need Advise!!