Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished lowering my bike tonight. (Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010 | 02:27 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior

Looking good Rocky! Keep up the great work!

Old 02-20-2010 | 02:48 PM
shooker
Road Master

Is that a full 2" drop in the back it doesn't look like that much in the pics. Maybe it's just the angle the pics were taken from.

Old 02-20-2010 | 09:05 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Charlie Harlie
Quick question lads have you all used Progressive 422's
I'm running Ultima shocks on mine and couldn't be happier (Well, I could be happier if I had an air ride). Fully adjustable and about a 1/3 of the cost of Progressives. Had 'em on for over a year with no problems.
http://www.ultimaproducts.com/shocks.htm

Old 02-20-2010 | 09:13 PM
Rockyriver
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by shooker
Is that a full 2" drop in the back it doesn't look like that much in the pics. Maybe it's just the angle the pics were taken from.

This was an old post, when I had just finished lowering my bike. I was unsure how far I wanted to go in these pics, and later lowered it a full 2 inchs in the rear. Go to my statistics page and look at my albums for how it looks now.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...ockyriver.html

Old 02-20-2010 | 09:53 PM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member

looks great!! now, it just needs some apes.

Old 02-23-2010 | 04:28 AM
maddox13
Tourer

Originally Posted by Lowbro
Hey Rocky,your bike looks much better with the *** lowered now.I also dropped my 422'a to 1.5 and they perform as should.I had mine installed over 2years ago and they are by far better than the original stealers brand.

your fat boy's looking good! you just dropped the rear 1.5 or? im thinking bout droppin my 09 fatty, yours looks perfect....u do any 2 up riding? i am wondering if i'll be ok 2 up if i drop the rear 1.5...thx

Old 02-23-2010 | 11:30 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

I lowered my 02 Heritage by 2" in the front (white bros kit). I couldn't deside if I should go with the recommended max of 1.5" until I meet a guy who went 3" - he weighted about 70 lbs for than me and said he was happy with theheight. So... 2" it was. Never happier. With the Platinum Air ride and the lowered front. I can SLAM or not.

Old 09-09-2010 | 11:32 PM
notafatboy
Intermediate

I just purchased a lowering kit for the front and rear for my 07 fatty...what are the quick steps to installing the drop in fork lowering springs...the service manual does not really give a good clear picture nor does the progressive instructions...do i need to remove all the chrome on the front end then slide the forks out of the top bracket on the triple tree?

Old 09-10-2010 | 08:41 AM
Triple M
Tourer

I love the look of lowered bikes but I am already draggin the boards on my Heritage. My last bike I lowered two inches and had issues with draggin the boards and once even the pipes. I know speed bumps cause some problems but how does the bike do in the curves?

Old 09-10-2010 | 11:58 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by notafatboy
I just purchased a lowering kit for the front and rear for my 07 fatty...what are the quick steps to installing the drop in fork lowering springs...the service manual does not really give a good clear picture nor does the progressive instructions...do i need to remove all the chrome on the front end then slide the forks out of the top bracket on the triple tree?
If your using the "Drop In Kit" you have to remove the headlamp and tins , top bolts and ythen you can get away with loosening the triple clamps and sliding the fork tubes down about halfway between the upper and lower triple clamp. This will give you enough room to remove the "spring plugs and then remove the springs.

If your using the original lowering kit its easiest to remove the forks completly since you have to take the sliders off to install the spacer springs to limit the damper travel.

Im not a fan of the "Drop In Kit" the problem with it is the lower you go the softer your fork spring preload is and the softer your suspension. With the original kit you linit the up travel of the forks (lenght) and then can preload the forks to your tastes

Quick Reply: Finished lowering my bike tonight. (Pictures)