Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunderheader 2-1 is on!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 12:32 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine should be here next week, ordered the same pipe with heatshields..

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

plus my bike is getting new paint (being done now) and a new set of tires.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:36 PM
CSRflstc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BUCKETASS
Mine should be here next week, ordered the same pipe with heatshields..

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

plus my bike is getting new paint (being done now) and a new set of tires.
Great! You're gonna Love it!

Old 12-22-2009, 07:16 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

Looks killer! I ran the Thunderheader on my Street Bob and my Night Train. Loved the pipe. I don't know what made me buy Bassani for my Road Glide. I'm fixing to ditch them and buy another Thunderheader for my bagger. At least you didn't fall for the D&D hype. They look good, but the sound is horrible.

Last edited by fripple; 12-22-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:29 PM
CSRflstc
Tourer

Originally Posted by fripple
Looks killer! I ran the Thunderheader on my Street Bob and my Night Train. Loved the pipe. I don't know what made me buy Bassani for my Road Glide. I'm fixing to ditch them and buy another Thunderheader for my bagger. At least you didn't fall for the D&D hype. They look good, but the sound is horrible.

Thanks! I love it! I just got back in from cruising the local drive-in (hotrod night). Got lots of compliments from that crowd. Personally, I just don't like the looks of the D&D. I have a sport bike racing background, I think I'd drag the FatCat off! I was thinking about a couple different V&H systems, but our good buddy Mimo turned me on to the Thunderheader. The TH may be popular in other areas, but you hardly ever see one here where I'm at. That's another thing that attracted me to Thunderheader.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:47 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CSRflstc
Thanks! I love it! I just got back in from cruising the local drive-in (hotrod night). Got lots of compliments from that crowd. Personally, I just don't like the looks of the D&D. I have a sport bike racing background, I think I'd drag the FatCat off! I was thinking about a couple different V&H systems, but our good buddy Mimo turned me on to the Thunderheader. The TH may be popular in other areas, but you hardly ever see one here where I'm at. That's another thing that attracted me to Thunderheader.
There are "master" builders such as Ron Simms that put on TH in all his production bikes. Yes, true, not very popular (at least I've not see another one in my area), everybody thinks that a classic Harley must have a 2-2 exhaust and they preffer those over the 2-1, but many times at local meetings and rallies, people bring other people and ask me to light-up the engine to hear the TH...

Mimo.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:36 PM
CSRflstc
Tourer

Well, I've had the Thunderheader on for just over a week now, and I've gotta say.... I love it more each time I ride the bike! The sound, the performance, the looks.... I just love it! Especially the sound! I can ease around town and avoid unwanted attention if I need to, or I can crank the throttle and make her talk! I got the bike out and rode today in 27 degree weather, because I Had to hear the exhaust and feel the power! Awesome!

Attached Thumbnails Thunderheader 2-1 is on!-12-29-09.jpg  
Old 12-29-2009, 08:44 PM
2006FLST
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CSRflstc
Well, I've had the Thunderheader on for just over a week now, and I've gotta say.... I love it more each time I ride the bike! The sound, the performance, the looks.... I just love it! Especially the sound! I can ease around town and avoid unwanted attention if I need to, or I can crank the throttle and make her talk! I got the bike out and rode today in 27 degree weather, because I Had to hear the exhaust and feel the power! Awesome!
I still kinda kick myself for not going to a 2-1 last year. So you really noticed that big of a difference? I think the all black one would look good on my bike.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:52 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I´m glad you like it brother. Me too, I like how it sounds on deccel, deep rumble... and I can also set off the car alarms with no effort at all it is because of its unique tone (low).

Nice Christmas card there, you got me for a second... It could have been much better LOL I'll wait for the summer...

Mimo.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:39 PM
CSRflstc
Tourer

Originally Posted by 2006FLST
I still kinda kick myself for not going to a 2-1 last year. So you really noticed that big of a difference? I think the all black one would look good on my bike.
I went from SE slip-ons, PCIII and high flow filter back to stock. I rode almost all summer with the bike completely stock. I put on the Thunderheader, Kury a/c and Tmax Autotune last weekend. I don't know which change made the most difference. But it sure does run smooth and strong!

Yeah, Mimo. I'll wait for warmer weather to send out Christmas cards.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Nick1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bad @$$ man.

Quick Reply: Thunderheader 2-1 is on!