Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker C advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 09:11 AM
UK RockerC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker C advice

I have managed to carry out a few mods to my Rocker C and many thanks for all the advice so far. Thanks also for the stick about the size/location of the number plate

I have the following questions on location of number plates and forward controls...hope you can help and sorry if they sound simple Q's but my techy light has never been switched on:
  • Where would you advise I relocate the number plate to, side mount off of the passenger peg? I have axle covers fitted, so that is out of the question.
  • Side mounted plates seem a lot smaller than normal, can anyone from the UK advise on the legality?
  • Are forward controls for the Rocker C any particular size/fitment etc? What should I be looking for? Ideally I would like to match them with my Torpedo grips
Any advice would be welcome. Many thanks.....Doug

Old 12-16-2009, 09:38 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

check into heartland sidemount/or modify one that "doesn't fit"

Old 12-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Phatts
Cruiser

I just installed a similar set on my 08 rocker-c. I had harley put them on and they said they needed a plate to install them and then ended up having to buy a kick stand to fit the forward controls. If your still interested here is a link to the people I bought mine from.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bille...item1e599e4e20

Old 12-18-2009, 03:53 AM
UK RockerC
Advanced

Originally Posted by Phatts
I just installed a similar set on my 08 rocker-c. I had harley put them on and they said they needed a plate to install them and then ended up having to buy a kick stand to fit the forward controls. If your still interested here is a link to the people I bought mine from.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bille...item1e599e4e20
Thanks for the reply, that is just the look I would like.....any photos yet, would love to see how it looks on your ride.

Regards....Doug

Old 12-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Phatts
Cruiser

Here are a few pics I have of them. Also, have the matching passenger pegs.

Attached Thumbnails Rocker C advice-mc-pictures-002.jpg   Rocker C advice-mc-pictures-005.jpg   Rocker C advice-mc-pictures-011.jpg  
Old 12-19-2009, 04:21 AM
UK RockerC
Advanced

Phatts I've just become the No1 fan of your bike. What a great looking ride, the paint job is first class and the bar look good too, congrats on a great looking ride. Forward controls are just what im looking for to match my grips. I was not sure about the rubber non slip inserts shown in the link, looks like your control do not have them. The link below is from Demonscycle, until i saw your post this was my prefured option. Have attached photos too...what do you think?

http://www.demonscycle.com/Forward-C...-p5297563.html

Attached Thumbnails Rocker C advice-fwd_ctrls_21_1.jpg   Rocker C advice-fwd_ctrls_21_2.jpg   Rocker C advice-pict0005.jpg  
Old 12-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Phatts
Cruiser

Thanks for compliments. I just finished it this week.

Those are the exact ones I have. They definitely add bling to the bike. Go for it. You will really be happy with them.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:47 AM
UK RockerC
Advanced

Ok, thats my mind made up, I will look at importing them in the New Year.....need to get Christmas out of the way first. So just to confirm, you brought them off e bay. Did you have to buy any extra fitting? I think you mentioned a kick stand? Any part numbers?

Thanks for your help.

PS Understand you are a firefighter, I served 24 years in the Royal Air Force - Respect to people who serve their country, keep up the good work.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Phatts
Cruiser

Originally Posted by UK RockerC
Ok, thats my mind made up, I will look at importing them in the New Year.....need to get Christmas out of the way first. So just to confirm, you brought them off e bay. Did you have to buy any extra fitting? I think you mentioned a kick stand? Any part numbers?

Thanks for your help.

PS Understand you are a firefighter, I served 24 years in the Royal Air Force - Respect to people who serve their country, keep up the good work.
I will get the part numbers for you. You will need a plate so the controls will mount up and the kick stand as mentioned. I think it was around $100 for the plate. I served 7 in the US Army. Im know a Firefighter for the US Army(Civilian).

Old 03-18-2010, 08:54 PM
dmraposo
Stage III

Hey Phatts & UK ROcker C,
what kind of banjo bolt did you buy to attach to the oil resevoir? Also did you just modify the exisiting oil line, or di you replace it with a new one? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Rocker C advice