Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE 2's or V&H Big Radius??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 10:45 PM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts
Default SE 2's or V&H Big Radius??

I know it's mostly up to your own opinion, but I guess I'm asking what you guys think. Which has a better throaty sound? I had planned to go out and get the big radius, but now I spotted this thread about the SE 2's.

What kinda mileage r u guys gettin w/ the SE 2's?

Did you do the stage 1 download with the SE 2 or just replace stock and run with it?

dudes, I'm tryin to figure out what to do with my pipes, I can't stand for stock anymore.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:29 AM
nitetrain
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SE 2's or V&H Big Radius??

Hey buddy, I have the v&h staggered big shots on my night train,as well as the stage one kit, and I must say they sound great. You won't go wrong with these.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:28 AM
Finalcut
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put the SE-2 slip-ons my Fatboy, and it has transformed the sound. My poor bro that I ride with is about ready to jump out of his skin.
He's savin up to put the SE-2 slip-ons on his Soft Tail. He feels like a "girl scout" with his stock pipes.

I've heard both.
What I heard was the V&H seemed a touch louder - but the SE-2s had a little more low-end. I can tell ya this much - the more I ride -
the better, and louder my SE-2s seem to get. I just set off a car alarm today as I was going by in second gear, and all I gave it was a wee bit of juice! Pretty cool!

Go down and hang out at your local shop. You'll hear all different set-ups, and that will help you make the right choice.
This is without a doubt a preference thing.

Old 05-23-2005, 05:36 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

When I got my new Springer a few weeks ago, I had them do the Stage 1 with SE2's and remap. I like the sound and my friends and fellow riders that have heard the sound, like what they hear. It sounds just as good as any other Harley that I have heard. Based on how I ride, I get about 50 mpg. I don't know what the norm is, but I am very happy with what I have. Hope that this helps you a little.

Old 05-23-2005, 08:48 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My buddy has the big radius on his Deuce. They look great and sound nice. To my ear, the big radius is a bit louder but has a tinny sound rather than the rumble of the SE2s on my bike.

I'm very happy with my SE2s which are on the stock headers of my 05 RKC.

Old 05-23-2005, 09:02 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts

Do some research and determine what it will do to your horsepower and performance. When I was a little less experienced I went with V&H Big Shots. Nice look, nice sound but sapped HP. And when you're only talking 50 some HP from a stock TC 88 you really don't want to give any up.
I mentioned the mods that I had done at Myrtle Beach last week in a different thread so I won't beat a dead horse. I'm just saying to look into it a little bit deeper than looks and sound quality.

Old 05-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my SEII's, stage one and remap. I think it's the best sound out there...

JMO,

Ryan

Old 05-23-2005, 11:55 AM
colorpros
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the big Radius on my Heritage and I love them...Nice pipes..plus they look great.And tHey dont drag around right hand turns when your really laying it over...Big plus for me..

Old 05-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus

Received 252 Likes on 122 Posts

I put the SE II's, Stage 1 and Remap on my 05 RK. Sounds GREAT, good performance, lotsa torque and good top end. In short, I love them. I kept the stock mufflers in case I ever need them for any reason.

My buddy has a 2 into 1 and it is too loud!!

Mine has a great sound and is not obnoxious.

Old 05-23-2005, 02:46 PM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts

ORIGINAL: Grover
My buddy has a 2 into 1 and it is too loud!!

Mine has a great sound and is not obnoxious.
That may vary by exhaust and tuning. I now have Hooker 2 into 1's and I'm pretty sure that it's a tad softer sound than the V&H Big Shots were on my Fat Boy.

Quick Reply: SE 2's or V&H Big Radius??