Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE 2's or V&H Big Radius??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,870 Likes on 810 Posts
Default RE: SE 2's or V&H Big Radius??

Well, I can't speak to V&H as I have never heard them, but the SE2s I have m\on my Train sound and look awesome! I did the whole Stage 1 - mufflers/carb rejet/SE air cleaner kit (with K&N high flow filter). My engine is still breaking in, so I haven't really tried to see what my mileage is.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 05-23-2005, 03:20 PM
Finalcut
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone else touched on the sound differance that I also noticed.
The V&H have a louder - but tinny quality to them. Over all they sound bad to the bone.

I just like my SEs because they have that big bottom low end that you can feel in your chest....

Old 05-24-2005, 05:54 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

ORIGINAL: Finalcut

Someone else touched on the sound differance that I also noticed.
The V&H have a louder - but tinny quality to them. Over all they sound bad to the bone.

I just like my SEs because they have that big bottom low end that you can feel in your chest....

When I fired up my Springer, the wife could feel the vibration in the cement a few feet away where she was standing. I thought that was cool.

Old 05-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I once saw a photo someone posted of their Deuce outfitted with V&H Big Radius, and I loved the way they looked. I've not heard that particular exhaust, but I have listened to other V&H pipes. They did have a "tinney" sound and were also very loud to my ear. Overall, not what I was looking for.

I had the dealer install the SEIIs and do the re-map on my Deuce. I preferred the "baloney cut" rather than the "slash down" and thought that they would look the best on my particular model bike. They sound great, having that low-tone rumble that I like. They also were reasonable in price - for anything HD - and that was also a plus.

Old 05-24-2005, 09:29 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I put the SEII's on my night train and man what a differance over the stock pipes. Love the sound at idle and when riding. Plus I got them 15% off at a local dealer that had an "event" going on. Easy to put on yourself. I have not met anyone that does not like the way SEII's sound yet.

Old 05-25-2005, 01:14 AM
fisherdude
Cruiser

Pat,
If you use the group buy you can get SE Pro 2's P/N:80447-03 $40 bucks cheaper then at the dealer. HD catalog is $249.95 and mandmcycles.com is $209.99. Bob

Old 05-25-2005, 01:37 AM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

ORIGINAL: fisherdude

Pat,
If you use the group buy you can get SE Pro 2's P/N:80447-03 $40 bucks cheaper then at the dealer. HD catalog is $249.95 and mandmcycles.com is $209.99. Bob
wow, thanks for that, I'll have to look into this one! maybe I'll just order this coming week, I'm startin to think I'll go this route.

one thing though, I typed in the part number and it didn't come up. It said somethin like no record

Old 05-25-2005, 01:53 AM
fisherdude
Cruiser

Pat,
Go to the site click on "on line catalog" in the space type just the numbers 80447-03 and hit search. It should give you product and price. Bob

www.mandmcycles.com

Old 05-25-2005, 01:58 AM
fisherdude
Cruiser

Almost forgot...... Put VTTALK in the coupon window for the extra 5% off. Bob

Pat,
Go to the site click on "on line catalog" in the space type just the numbers 80447-03 and hit search. It should give you product and price. Bob

www.mandmcycles.com

Old 05-25-2005, 03:01 AM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

huh, weird, it says "no records" when I do exactly that. go to the catolog and search that part number. maybe it's just down tonight, I'll try again tomorrow or somethin. thanx for your help.

Almost forgot...... Put VTTALK in the coupon window for the extra 5% off. Bob

Pat,

www.mandmcycles.com

Quick Reply: SE 2's or V&H Big Radius??