Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pm 240 phat tail

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Speed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fatusboyus
it says the heartland kit uses a 1" primary and transmission mainshaft offset kit...is this what the pm kit uses?
yes, there are definite similarities in the kits.

phatail:

The PM Phatail Kit consists of:
1) Wide Swingarm (black powdercoated)
2) Rear Axle with Billet End Caps
3) Steel Fender
4) Billet Aluminum Fender Struts
5) Billet Primary Spacers
6) Trans Mainshaft
7) Countershaft 5th Gear
8) Final Drive Gear
9) Front Motor Sprocket
10) Clutch Push Rod
11) All Trans Gaskets
12) All related Hardware and spacers
13) Detailed Instructions
14) (99 & lower includes new belt)

Heartland:

Heartland TWO-FIVE-O kit:

1)struts
2)fender
3)seat
4)rock guard
5)swing arm
6)1” primary and transmission mainshaft offset kit

Two-Five-O Conversions
1986-2008
Four 11 inch fenders to choose from; fender is not pre-drilled and shipped unpainted.
Solo Seat covered in Leather with Vinyl side bands comes with this conversion.
Struts are slotted and pinned for application of our second seats.
18 x 8.5 60 Spoke rear wheel with appropriate offset and Avon Tire is available for this conversion.
18 x 8.5 Chrome Solid rear wheel with appropriate offset and Avon Tire is available for this conversion.
Frame Horns must be removed. Horn cut template is provided.
Kit includes: Struts, Fender, Solo Seat, Rock Guard Fender, Swing Arm and Transmission offset kit
Accessories available include: Second Seat, Ride, Rack & Rest, Gear Bag, Plate Holders, Foot Pegs, Signal
Mirrors and Billet-Tears
How to order: Choose your Fender and your Swing Arm finish Raw, Black or Chrome

the way I figure it, hangin a fat tire on the rear of your softail using one of these kits is a $5000+ deal.
once you buy the kit, a rim, tire, pay for paint/powder-coating/chrome and pay the mechanic to install the tranny shafts. youre into it for atleast 5 G's and thats assuming that I'm/you're doing all the work (less the tranny work)

it looks kickazz when its done but thats one hell of a price tag just to get a fat azz.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:19 PM
SpyderTB
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my bet i would go for the heartland even before i saw that list but now its a def for me now.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:02 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fatusboyus
what is it that you dont like about your pm kit?

why would you choose the heartland kit over them?
It's not that the PM kit lacks quality, that part of it is fine. It is mainly when I had an issue and contacted them and got some smart assed tech guy on the phone who really could give a rats *** about customer service, and mind you I only called once and wasn't ringing their phone off the hook either.

My biggest gripe was not enough research before purchasing.

If I had, I would've went for the Heartland for the available options with luggage racks, extra seat, etc...that in itself was worth the extra $$$$!

I've even bought an extra set of used PM fender struts so I can copy them to make my own to replicate the Heartlands so that I could use one of their optional seat set-ups for 2 up.

Heartland uses a beefier sized set of struts because they slot them to allow for their optional stuff to mount to.

Real nice when your traveling and packing up, then once arriving you can easily take off the seat/rack.

Again, that is my 2 cents on these 2.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Fightn_Tiger
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

single barrel swing arm by RC components

http://www.rccomponents.com/harleypr...etirekits.aspx

Old 12-10-2009, 10:34 PM
The_Dude
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 240 PM Phatail kit and have no complaints on the quality. Heartland does give some add'l options on seating/luggage which is nice if thats important to you.
I have no regrets about going with PM.

Continue to check in the classified area on this board cause there was 1 available awhile back I believe at a decent discount. Seems when you want a unique part thats the only time there isn't a stray available at a discount price. If you are patient the right one will pop up.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:37 AM
06kustom
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Speed
yes, there are definite similarities in the kits.

phatail:

The PM Phatail Kit consists of:
1) Wide Swingarm (black powdercoated)
2) Rear Axle with Billet End Caps
3) Steel Fender
4) Billet Aluminum Fender Struts
5) Billet Primary Spacers
6) Trans Mainshaft
7) Countershaft 5th Gear
8) Final Drive Gear
9) Front Motor Sprocket
10) Clutch Push Rod
11) All Trans Gaskets
12) All related Hardware and spacers
13) Detailed Instructions
14) (99 & lower includes new belt)

Heartland:

Heartland TWO-FIVE-O kit:

1)struts
2)fender
3)seat
4)rock guard
5)swing arm
6)1” primary and transmission mainshaft offset kit

Two-Five-O Conversions
1986-2008
Four 11 inch fenders to choose from; fender is not pre-drilled and shipped unpainted.
Solo Seat covered in Leather with Vinyl side bands comes with this conversion.
Struts are slotted and pinned for application of our second seats.
18 x 8.5 60 Spoke rear wheel with appropriate offset and Avon Tire is available for this conversion.
18 x 8.5 Chrome Solid rear wheel with appropriate offset and Avon Tire is available for this conversion.
Frame Horns must be removed. Horn cut template is provided.
Kit includes: Struts, Fender, Solo Seat, Rock Guard Fender, Swing Arm and Transmission offset kit
Accessories available include: Second Seat, Ride, Rack & Rest, Gear Bag, Plate Holders, Foot Pegs, Signal
Mirrors and Billet-Tears
How to order: Choose your Fender and your Swing Arm finish Raw, Black or Chrome

the way I figure it, hangin a fat tire on the rear of your softail using one of these kits is a $5000+ deal.
once you buy the kit, a rim, tire, pay for paint/powder-coating/chrome and pay the mechanic to install the tranny shafts. youre into it for atleast 5 G's and thats assuming that I'm/you're doing all the work (less the tranny work)

it looks kickazz when its done but thats one hell of a price tag just to get a fat azz.
I just put some pics on my album with my ride that has the Heartland 250 kit and than some. Gives you an idea why I went with Heartland. I like the way it flowed with the lines of the bike. I decided to use PM for their brakes and Hydraulic clutch and levers. Take your time planning it will be all good. Good Luck and Ride Safe. Post your pics when your done with your masterpiece.

Last edited by 06kustom; 12-11-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:18 AM
fatusboyus
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Dude
I have a 240 PM Phatail kit and have no complaints on the quality. Heartland does give some add'l options on seating/luggage which is nice if thats important to you.
I have no regrets about going with PM.

Continue to check in the classified area on this board cause there was 1 available awhile back I believe at a decent discount. Seems when you want a unique part thats the only time there isn't a stray available at a discount price. If you are patient the right one will pop up.

yeah, heartland wants (retail) $3399 for the 250 kit, so i guess i'll start looking more assertively at the classifieds here and egay

Old 12-11-2009, 08:57 AM
The_Dude
Advanced

Hey 06Kustom, Love those pics in your album, man. Really a sick lookin bike. Well done on your conversion!

Gonna try and get some pics of mine next week, when I get it back from the shop.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:35 AM
06kustom
Cruiser

Originally Posted by The_Dude
Hey 06Kustom, Love those pics in your album, man. Really a sick lookin bike. Well done on your conversion!

Gonna try and get some pics of mine next week, when I get it back from the shop.
Thanks Dude,
It a bad addiction, but worth it

Old 12-11-2009, 10:17 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06kustom
It a bad addiction, but worth it
Isn't that the truth!

Quick Reply: pm 240 phat tail