Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a tip or trick to remove fussy screws.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 10:23 PM
murd
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for replying to my thread and giving me some awesome advise. This is certainly what HD Forum is all about!

Jokr was bang on... the first thing I thought of when I drained first, then had probs with the screws....I could have been really screwed!

The T-27 screw driver I used had too long a handle and wasn't giving me enough torq. I went out and got myself some bits and used my ratchet (shoulda done this in the first place).

Now that I have the cover off, it's not as big a hole as I saw on a demo video, showing the whole bottle shoved inside. Now I need to get creative and find a small narrow funnel of some sort to fill er up. BTW, why does the owners manual call for .97 litre when the stealer told be use the whole litre?

I hope I get the real manual for Xmas!!!

Old 12-09-2009, 07:46 AM
dkpawlowski
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by murd
First off, I'd like to thank everyone for replying to my thread and giving me some awesome advise. This is certainly what HD Forum is all about!

Jokr was bang on... the first thing I thought of when I drained first, then had probs with the screws....I could have been really screwed!

The T-27 screw driver I used had too long a handle and wasn't giving me enough torq. I went out and got myself some bits and used my ratchet (shoulda done this in the first place).

Now that I have the cover off, it's not as big a hole as I saw on a demo video, showing the whole bottle shoved inside. Now I need to get creative and find a small narrow funnel of some sort to fill er up. BTW, why does the owners manual call for .97 litre when the stealer told be use the whole litre?

I hope I get the real manual for Xmas!!!
Doesn't the oil come in QUART bottles?
.95 litre = 1 quart
Anyway, not enough difference to matter.