Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New mirrors and Sokustom leather (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 12:33 AM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by murlsquirl
Rear bib isn't mounted all the way, that's why it isn't laying flat. Shaun is sending me some stuff to dye it all black. He did great work as usual, I just want to keep it simple with black I think. Next up is a RSD front fork brace.
Looks good, but I'd suggest holding off dying it all for a bit. See if it might grow on you first. I'd suggest at least keeping the green and red.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:03 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

SOCUSTOM is the best !

Old 12-06-2009, 09:02 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ElSupremo
Looks good, but I'd suggest holding off dying it all for a bit. See if it might grow on you first. I'd suggest at least keeping the green and red.
I was thinking the same thing but was hesitant to say anything. Now that you've brought it up I think the best thing to do in this case is to send the bib back to Shaun. It's not like it would be expensive shipping or anything and Shaun knows a heck of a lot more than his customers about leather.

That's my humble opinion anyway ...

Old 12-06-2009, 10:24 PM
murlsquirl
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BoomerBob
I was thinking the same thing but was hesitant to say anything. Now that you've brought it up I think the best thing to do in this case is to send the bib back to Shaun. It's not like it would be expensive shipping or anything and Shaun knows a heck of a lot more than his customers about leather.

That's my humble opinion anyway ...

Shaun was going to send me the dye and tell me how to do it. I asked him to so it would be quicker. I just emailed him and told him to forget about it. I like the attention the color draws.

Last edited by murlsquirl; 12-07-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:14 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks good. You got the Ness mirrors? I am 6' tall and can see out of them fine. It just takes a while to get them adjusted. Sure look sharp.

Shakey

Old 12-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

Nice mods, expecially the swingarm bag. I'd like to get one for my Softail Custom. Looks like it might touch the ground when cornering. Is this is problem?

Old 12-07-2009, 04:08 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
Nice mods, expecially the swingarm bag. I'd like to get one for my Softail Custom. Looks like it might touch the ground when cornering. Is this is problem?
Those swingarm bags look like they will scrape easy, but you have to lean enough to scrape pegs to get into the bag. If your ride is lowered it could scrape earlier.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:44 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Really nice leather work... 1 question.... is the bib on backwards..seems like it would read from the rear instead of forwards.?

Old 12-07-2009, 05:37 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Geoff
I haven't had mine hit yet and I can get aggressive in the turns. My bike isn't lowered yet either though. I'm only going to lower it an inch anyway so I still don't think it'll be a problem.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:13 PM
yep
Account Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watched my buddy put my bag into the corns over the weekend on my bike rather hard and no scrapes yet .. it takes more of a lean than a lot of people think ... and just an FYI my bike is slammed and I mean almost bump stops and still no dragging ... I might have just cursed my self though ..

Quick Reply: New mirrors and Sokustom leather (pics)