Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't make up my mind

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009 | 09:06 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by plumpbiker
Thanks for the input guys. I like the color but I also think it's a bit girly too. I think black bikes look awesome when they are spotlessly clean, but on the other hand, it seems to be the most common. I haven't really done much to it because I may not keep it. It's the second bike I bought this year. In July I bought a Red Hot Sunglow SG. Nice bike but a little too tall for me.I usually lower the touring bikes but the SG already has short shocks and bottomed out alot with the stock suspension and 40 pounds of air. So in October I went back to the Heritage, mainly for the seat height. I was considering a Deluxe also, but Too many women ride them. Probably just as many ride the Heritage I guess.I had an 08 RKC that I lowered the rear and shaved an inch out of the seat. Loved it, should have kept it, too late now. I'm most likely going to trade this one in the spring unless some super deal comes along sooner.I'm thinking about another RKC or a Fat Boy Low. Maybe I'll go with black this time. Who knows. Thanks again for your thoughts guys.
Must be nice to have the money to switch bikes so often. Or not.
Ultra Limited in black would be your best bet for a non girly bike. I suspect you'll be seeing alot of girls riding FB lows.

Old 11-28-2009 | 09:33 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Talking

i have the fatboy lo will be nice to see some girls on the fatboy lo i can ride with them get to know them better lol.....

Old 11-28-2009 | 09:39 AM
plumpbiker
|
Banned

Get rid of the studs? The studs ARE the Heritage. Hey, different strokes for different folks I guess. I think one of my favorite colors was the Black Cherry they had back in 05 I think it was. As for the Copper Top bikes, I like them. I kind of have a weak spot for shades of blue also. I had an 05 EGC that was Chopper Blue and Silver.I kind of liked that color combo. My 08 RKC was Pewter Pearl. I loved it when I bought it but grew tired of it fast.I like the 2010 blue and silver combo. In case you haven't already figured it out, I'm never happy with anything very long. My dealer loves me, I wonder why. I love the RKC and the Ultra, but I'm short and fat, and oh yeah, getting kind of old (62) so the bikes are getting heavier. SG Trike, here I come!(Definitely black on this one)

Old 11-28-2009 | 10:33 AM
snook592
Club Member

Originally Posted by plumpbiker
Thanks for the input guys. I like the color but I also think it's a bit girly too. I think black bikes look awesome when they are spotlessly clean, but on the other hand, it seems to be the most common. I haven't really done much to it because I may not keep it. It's the second bike I bought this year. In July I bought a Red Hot Sunglow SG. Nice bike but a little too tall for me.I usually lower the touring bikes but the SG already has short shocks and bottomed out alot with the stock suspension and 40 pounds of air. So in October I went back to the Heritage, mainly for the seat height. I was considering a Deluxe also, but Too many women ride them. Probably just as many ride the Heritage I guess.I had an 08 RKC that I lowered the rear and shaved an inch out of the seat. Loved it, should have kept it, too late now. I'm most likely going to trade this one in the spring unless some super deal comes along sooner.I'm thinking about another RKC or a Fat Boy Low. Maybe I'll go with black this time. Who knows. Thanks again for your thoughts guys.

After reading this post, it seems as if you are too worried about what everyone else is thinking. Who gives a crap it is your bike and ride what you like. If you want to ride a deluxe then get one. If you want a fat lo get one. If you like your heritage keep it screw what others think. They aren't making your payments

Old 11-28-2009 | 10:44 AM
ChopperBill
Seasoned HDF Member

I agree with you I thinks it purty but a tad gurly.

Old 11-28-2009 | 11:04 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

Yo man, that is totally retro like a '57 Chevy. Who cares what others think, you are the one riding it. You don't lose your man card in my book. In fact, you get extra points for those colors.

Now as far as what everyone else thinks...who cares. It's your bike. Everyone's opinions are just that...opinions. They are like azz holes, everybody has one.

Old 11-28-2009 | 11:51 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member

I like the color but don't like the **** swoosh. Just get a license plate that says, "SOFTEAL"

Old 11-28-2009 | 12:09 PM
plumpbiker
|
Banned

Hey Snook,
You're reading me wrong here Dr.Phil. I'm not [B]WORRIED[B] about what others think about my bike. I just wanted to get a feel for how many liked it and how many don't. I wouldn't buy or sell any bike to please anyone else, I ain't that insecure. Just looking for some opinions like the guy with the white bike was doing. As for who makes the payments, there aren't any. I hate to pay interest to anybody so I make one big payment when I buy them. Nothing wrong with making payments, I suppose most folks do. I'm fortunate enough to be able to pay cash so I do. I'm kind of toying with the idea of throwing a fairing on the Heritage and adding some tunes. I did really enjoy my Hillbilly music on my EGC and SG. I miss it a little. Thanks again for all of your input, even you guys that called it gurly. I like honesty.

Old 11-28-2009 | 12:33 PM
snook592
Club Member

I wasn't trying to be all Dr. Phil on ya. I was just trying to say screw everyone else and do to your bike what makes you happy. I know we all get a sense of gratification when others like our stuff. I know that there are some who don't like the seat I have on my Bonz but they aren't riding it my butt is and I love it.

Do what floats your boat.

Old 11-28-2009 | 04:11 PM
plumpbiker
|
Banned

I can't argue with that logic my friend.

Quick Reply: Can't make up my mind