Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

console inserts

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009 | 10:16 PM
Big Smooth
Cruiser

Not a close up and the angle doesn't really show that the area around the speedo and sides that are black on the OEM console are textured to match the tank piece.

Attached Thumbnails console inserts-rsz_bars_and_tank.jpg  
Old 11-25-2009 | 10:30 PM
Brandons_Deluxe
Cruiser

A few here... http://www.coolsac.com/Browse.aspx?g...de=ACCESSORIES

Cheaper than the HD... I've been eyeing the basket weave one but been out of stock for a while.

Old 11-25-2009 | 10:35 PM
Rockyriver
Road Master

Originally Posted by utz
no I have the one that came stock on my bike I to was looking at the vivid black one but can't seem to tell if it is exactly like the one I have now.
If I can find a Vivid Black Insert on Black Friday in Myrtle Beach S.C. while visiting for Thanksgiving, I will buy it and post Pics and a review of it. I called around in Charlotte, N.C. and the only place that had one was the Charlotte Harley Davidson, but someone had called and put it on hold. If its not bought in 1 week they will release it to general stock for sale. I too was wanting to replace mine and was upset about the swirls in it and scratches from wiping it off with chrome wax on the rag.

P.S. There is a new Harley Dealership in Shallotte, N.C. near Myrtle Beach that is kick butt that I will also visit along with the 3 Myrtle Beach Dealers.

Last edited by Rockyriver; 11-25-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-25-2009 | 11:28 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by dennyo
Thats what this one is . 86 - 99 , Just made a couple of Modifications.....
......... 10 Bucks E-bay 2weeks ago
Dennyo thanks but that's the tank insert. I meant the console insert. In 99 they offered a leather surround for the speedo that had studs on it. It's not offered for the softail anymore. If you can find one, let me know. I've been looking for two and a half years now and can't find one.

Old 11-26-2009 | 08:38 AM
utz
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rockyriver
If I can find a Vivid Black Insert on Black Friday in Myrtle Beach S.C. while visiting for Thanksgiving, I will buy it and post Pics and a review of it. I called around in Charlotte, N.C. and the only place that had one was the Charlotte Harley Davidson, but someone had called and put it on hold. If its not bought in 1 week they will release it to general stock for sale. I too was wanting to replace mine and was upset about the swirls in it and scratches from wiping it off with chrome wax on the rag.

P.S. There is a new Harley Dealership in Shallotte, N.C. near Myrtle Beach that is kick butt that I will also visit along with the 3 Myrtle Beach Dealers.
ok that sounds great I would love to see if that vivid black one is different from stock the pic on the computer does it no justice.

Old 11-27-2009 | 08:38 PM
Rockyriver
Road Master

Well, me and the wife went to all the nearby Harley Dealers (Myrtle Beach) and it was a NO GO. None of them had it in stock. We even went up to Wilmington N.C. to the dealer there and they did not have it either. I talked to the guy at the parts counter and he said that the replacement scratches just as easy as the stock one. I guess I will get one off ebay or wait and see if I can get the one in Charlotte N.C. thats on hold for a customer, if not picked up. The guy at the parts counter said to always use a moist cloth to clean the console. I told him it's to late now to tell me that, mine is scratched bad already. I will be leaving here and heading home soon, now that Thanksgiving is over and my vacation is coming to an end.

Old 11-28-2009 | 03:45 AM
FREEFALL
Road Master

console inserts-img_2050.jpg

console inserts-img_0418.jpg

I don't have a good pic of both the insert and the tank pad.
The skulls on the insert kinda match the skulls on the Night Train tank logo.

S/F
Freefall

Old 11-28-2009 | 06:57 AM
Rockyriver
Road Master

Originally Posted by FREEFALL
Attachment 80604

Attachment 80605

I don't have a good pic of both the insert and the tank pad.
The skulls on the insert kinda match the skulls on the Night Train tank logo.

S/F
Freefall
Does your new insert with logos seem to be tougher than a stock console sticker? Or was your console metal when it was stock? My stock console insert scratches if I wipe it just a little to hard. And UTZ is having the same problem.

Old 11-28-2009 | 11:32 AM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior

flame one...

Attached Thumbnails console inserts-forum-pic.jpg  
Old 11-28-2009 | 11:39 AM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior

ye they do scratch easy..

Attached Thumbnails console inserts-img_4855.jpg  

Quick Reply: console inserts