Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Heritage Softail...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 07:07 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tmitchellof PG
A bit off the subject.
Might just be me, but I think apes don't look good unless they line up with the angle of the front forks.
Tom
If you take a good look the grips are aligned with the forks... I tried but it was impossible to align the whole damn thing...

Mimo.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Just Don
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What bike? What apes? Oh.....yeah, OK...I see them now.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Comfort is more imortant than looks but I think it looks really great.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:38 PM
CSRflstc
Tourer

Originally Posted by mimo
LOL!!! I was wondering how long it would take before you find this thread. I saw you greeting a new Heritage owner and thought of this. Lucky man, indeed. Congrats brother.

Ps: that gorgeous gal saw something in you (other than the Harley ) you're above average for sure
I started reading your post "ew, look at the hottie..... wait! That's my wife!!!" Haha!

She saw the thread when I got home from work. She was flattered... said she'd be the forum model if y'all needed one???

In the greeting to the new member, I said he made a good choice, I believe the Heritage is the best looking and most versatile model in the Harley line up. You can load it up with bags and tour packs and hit the open road, or strip it down for cruising the streets around town. And it looks Great either way! I don't see it as a compromise... a happy medium between a "cool" bike and a geezer glide.... I believe it's the ultimate motorcycle!

Apes? I have them pushed forward a bit more since that picture was taken. I think apes look best when mounted vertical!

Old 11-25-2009, 09:46 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep, I have to agree. Nice looking wife and apes have to be pushed forward a bit. I think it over emphasizes the rake of the frontend with the apes pulled back. But hey, to each their own.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by mimo
I always thought the Heritage Softail was... the "average bass player" of the Harley Davidson line-up. You know... that shy nerdy-looking guy, behind the guitars, the singer and even behind the keyboards! The Heritage is a bike for a guy with a low profile, not young enough for a NT, FB, or some cool looking bike... but not that old for a Touring lazy-boy on wheels I guess... may be the Heritage is the middle age crisis bike...

What do you guys think?

On the other hand... I've realized that my bike (originally a FatBoy) looks more and more each day like a Heritage Softail

And again, a Heritage guy with this gorgeous looking wife can't be a boring middle age crisis bass player...

Please people lets put our hands together for this sweet young lady on top of that fine looking bike :i con_clapclap:

Mimo.
Well I say ride what you like. I'm past 60 chronilogically anyway. Does that mean I'm too old for my Fat Boy? I guess I'm old enough for my Street Glide, or haven't you noticed the younger guys doing some really cool tricked out "geezer glides." Oh yeah I sat on a Heritage and it felt great to me as far as the bars and seat go. Glad to know I'm riding the wrong bikes. lol

Attached Thumbnails The Heritage Softail...-s5000017.jpg   The Heritage Softail...-s5000018.jpg  
Old 11-25-2009, 10:30 PM
CSRflstc
Tourer

Originally Posted by Northside
Well I say ride what you like. I'm past 60 chronilogically anyway. Does that mean I'm too old for my Fat Boy? I guess I'm old enough for my Street Glide, or haven't you noticed the younger guys doing some really cool tricked out "geezer glides." Oh yeah I sat on a Heritage and it felt great to me as far as the bars and seat go. Glad to know I'm riding the wrong bikes. lol
They're both Harley's... no wrong bikes there, Sir!

Old 11-26-2009, 07:40 AM
SniperCJ
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I definately dont think the Heritage is the 'average bass player'. Its more the Classic Harley'. You think Harley, you think leather, studs, chrome...Heritage comes to mind.

Your Heritage wanna-be looks awesome tho!!

And the apes gotta be pushed forward past the line of the forks 'just' a little....

Old 11-26-2009, 07:49 AM
2003Springer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Attached Thumbnails The Heritage Softail...-bike-and-trailer.jpg  
Old 11-26-2009, 07:50 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,842 Likes on 22,753 Posts

What is this thread really about?
Nice to acknowledge beauty where ever you see it
but don't know if I would be quite so obvious, and that's an observation too.

Quick Reply: The Heritage Softail...