Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with handlebars on a FLST/I ....

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 07:36 PM
jrudicel
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with handlebars on a FLST/I ....

Looking for new bars for my 06 FLSTI (basically a Fatboy). I am 6' tall and feel like iam slouched over a little while riding and it kills the neck and back. I have heard this from alot of people with Fatboys as well...which has the same bars that came on mine. I am leaning towards a set of Wild1 501's or 560's as i kinda like that look. What would be a cheaper alternative to the wild ones? Anyone have any suggestions on thier Fatboys or regular Heritages? I know the Heritage Classic's have what I call a mini ape(which are comfortable) I just dont like that look. Mine looks like whats on the fatboys. Suggestions?

Old 07-12-2006, 08:21 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts
Default RE: Help with handlebars on a FLST/I ....

Took the Fatboy bars off of the wife's Heritage and put Heritage bars on. She likes it much better so far. I just did it today, so she hasn't ridden it too far but she felt it was going to be better.

Regards,

Bill

Old 07-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help with handlebars on a FLST/I ....

I put heritage bars on my fatboy for the very same reasons... problem solved.. Best I can tell for the heritage bars geometry is basically the wild 1 mini apes 10" I think the part is WO515.. I'm considering those or the 12" apes myself... The mini apes are not too "ape hangerish".. Infact they look like bars that could come on new HD bikes, except better quality, drilled for hiding wires and thicker. But anyway, my main point was higher bars with a better wrist angle was a significant improvement in reach and rideability over the stock fatboy bars.. To me. On the long ride to the beach, with just a little more adjustment in angle, I could lean back into my luggage bag.. comfy for sure. Handle better in the turns too.