Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any clearance issues with Fat Cat on Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 09:40 AM
marty442
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any clearance issues with Fat Cat on Deluxe

I'm about to replace my V&H BSS exhaust with a D&D Fat Cat system. I'm looking at the 504-32B part number which is the one that goes straight out, not up. My concern is I may not have enough clearance on the Deluxe which is already lowered compared to other Softails. I'm worried I might be scraping the pipes on aggressive cornering. Anyone have experience with these pipes on a Deluxe (2007 by the way). Now I already have floorboard extenders on, so I typically scrape my boards today on even a moderate lean. But I don't want to lose any more cornering and really don't want to scratch up the new chrome.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:15 AM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Marty-

I noticed that you've been a member for 5 months, but only have 4 posts. Welcome to the family. Here's a link to this discussion from a few weeks back: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-a-deluxe.html

Old 11-24-2009, 10:22 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

fwiw - I was attempting to buy a used fatcat for my 06 FB. It was lowered at the time with Deluxe rear shocks. The guy scraped it a little and told me I will scrape it more and talked me out of it. I also had the floor board extensions you have and took those off - scraped way too often. I mention that because my guess is, if you can live with the floorboard extensions you could probably live with a fatcat.

Kinda funny, I also had bss and went for a 2n1. Fatcat, FB extensions, BSS... common add ons I guess... lol

Old 11-24-2009, 01:09 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

This spring I considered D&D's also. at stock height most of the posts I read said scraping was not an issue.
On lowered bikes it could be if rode aggressively.

And I believe the One for the Heritage is longer anyway and that would make them easier to drag.
I didn't get them but the scraping issue was not the reason..
I've also never scraped the floorboards so I must ride like my age, Grandpa......

They are really great performance pipes, Here in central Ind there are just not any, I looked for over a yr to find someone who had them so I could hear them. Seems like different parts of the country have different preferences.

I will add IMO I think the D&D's and Python's are my two picks for looks....

Old 11-24-2009, 01:39 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sorry for the off-topic, Deluxe bikes look bitchin' with this pipe

Roadhouse 2-1 pipe.

Mimo.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:49 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

MIMO;;; I still get a kick out of Ur sig every time I see it........thats good....

Now, how does the roadhouse compare on the dyno machine to other 2-1's.....

Old 11-24-2009, 01:58 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Good thing you like it after reading it over and over

I don't have the numbers for the Roadhouse pipe brother, there was a sweeet Deluxe belongin' to a member nicked: "T-Rat", very cool bike, perhaps he could advise on that if he is still around.

Ride safe,

Mimo.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:03 PM
luvtoride
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm just curious what you didnt like about the vance and hines...I'm ready to pull the trigger for some big shot longs for my deluxe and would love to get some feedback.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:12 PM
marty442
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luvtoride
I'm just curious what you didnt like about the vance and hines...I'm ready to pull the trigger for some big shot longs for my deluxe and would love to get some feedback.
No complaints with the BSS. They look good and sound great. But I'm looking for a change and a little more low end torque. I put the SE211 cam on my bike and that cam really boosts the higher end torque #s (92 at 3500 rpm). Now I'm trying to improve the lower end, plus I like the look of the 2 into 1.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:49 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by luvtoride
VH is quality pipe. After installing cams the BSS's were just too loud on long rides and trips. My head would literally ring... especially after riding at highway speeds. The 2n1 has a deeper, throatier sound, is far from quiet like stock, gives the bike a longer stretched look (like BSL's) and bike pulls much better. "To me", a definite upgrade.

Heres a sweet Deluxe with Cobras 2n1:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...he-deluxe.html

Quick Reply: Any clearance issues with Fat Cat on Deluxe