Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking at Stores

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009 | 07:44 AM
DrRude
|
Advanced
Default Parking at Stores

When I go to the store I usually see a bike or two on the walkway right next to the front door of the store. I usually see crotch rockets doing this but the other day I watched a guy on a harley ride past me and do the same thing.

Withholding my own personal feelings on this, I was wondering if other riders in this forum park their bikes on the walkway or in a parking spot like a car?

Old 11-20-2009 | 07:49 AM
ultrat
Road Master

parking lot for me, could be towed if not in parking area i do not mind walking..

Old 11-20-2009 | 07:50 AM
DECON BLUE
Road Captain
Exclamation

Farther away from the cagers the better IMHO.

Old 11-20-2009 | 07:52 AM
glenalt
Road Master

I always park in an appropriate space unless I'm at a hotel and then I get permission to park it outside the front doors under cover and in the lights.

Old 11-20-2009 | 07:57 AM
twisted125
Road Master

I tend to park on the stripes that are marked off at the end of a row, or the big areas of blue stripes between handi cap spots. If those arent available, I will park on some cement. My take on it is this, if I pull my bike into a spot made for a car, among other cars, its easy for a cager to start into your spot before noticing your bike is in there, Ive watched it happen to my bike and about **** myself. That makes it more likely that it will be hit by someone just not payin enough attention. Also, Ive seen cagers get out of their cars and be seriously pissed about the bike taking up a car sized spot. Theres a lot of crazies out there trying to get to dunkin donuts, and it doesnt take much to push over a bike in the midst of a parking lot rage. I'd rather avoid em than have to deal with em.

Old 11-20-2009 | 07:59 AM
Wallaby
Club Member

Park in the lot, away from the cars, walk a bit further, but hate the runaway carts. Parking at the front door seems to draw attention to your ride, and kids like to touch it, or worse, attempt to sit on it and scratch it.

Old 11-20-2009 | 09:00 AM
tbrenan
Road Captain

There is a problem with parking "away" there have been studies done about why drivers tend to park alonside a vehicle that is out by itself---I am sure you have seen this yourselves--it has something to do with the --nesting--instinct--.

Once your bike is hidden anything can happen--if it's out in the open and there is a problem there are witnesses.

For me the closer to the front of the store is best---Costco is a perfect example they usuallly have bike racks, I park near them

Old 11-20-2009 | 09:12 AM
dragpipe
Tourer

wait until you come out of the store to find yer bike laying on its side in the parking lot with no cars around.
you wont ask this question anymore.

Old 11-20-2009 | 09:19 AM
hogowner69
Road Master

s
Originally Posted by twisted125
I tend to park on the stripes that are marked off at the end of a row, or the big areas of blue stripes between handi cap spots. If those arent available, I will park on some cement. My take on it is this, if I pull my bike into a spot made for a car, among other cars, its easy for a cager to start into your spot before noticing your bike is in there, Ive watched it happen to my bike and about **** myself. That makes it more likely that it will be hit by someone just not payin enough attention. Also, Ive seen cagers get out of their cars and be seriously pissed about the bike taking up a car sized spot. Theres a lot of crazies out there trying to get to dunkin donuts, and it doesnt take much to push over a bike in the midst of a parking lot rage. I'd rather avoid em than have to deal with em.
you canstill get a ticket if you park on the blue stripes,,,,ask me how I know

Old 11-20-2009 | 09:43 AM
twisted125
Road Master

haha, PD havent messed with me yet, though I guess some of them just have a hard on to bust someone some times. Ill take my chances with the popo over Martha Stewart wanna bees whippin through the lot suckin on coffee, yellin at kids, talkin on the cell, fixin their hair, and tryin to beat another douche to a spot. Id hate for my standard to be the victim in that battle. haha

Quick Reply: Parking at Stores